Options

Move the shopping cart?

PaulNPaulN Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited September 7, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi folks,
In the effort to make my pages less cluttered, I'd like to move the shopping cart link to below the photo. I've figured out how to disable all of the imageInfo stuff to just show the 'comments' link. Now, I'd like it to have 'comments' and 'buy photo..'.

Possible? I'm trying to pickup CSS, but haven't found an online tutorial that I like.

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2005
    PaulN wrote:
    Hi folks,
    In the effort to make my pages less cluttered, I'd like to move the shopping cart link to below the photo. I've figured out how to disable all of the imageInfo stuff to just show the 'comments' link. Now, I'd like it to have 'comments' and 'buy photo..'.

Possible? I'm trying to pickup CSS, but haven't found an online tutorial that I like.
    unfortunately (and i'm assuming that you're talking about the smugmug template) due to a design decision made by the smugmug team, you cant hide the photo nav buttons and show the shopping cart.

if you don't mind the photo navigation buttons showing along side the shopping cart, then here's the code:
     [color=Cyan]#smugmug #albumNav_top .cartbuttons, #smugmug_small #albumNav_top .cartbuttons {
      display: none;
      }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom {
      display: block;
      border: none;
      }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom .rightColumn, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .rightColumn {
      }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom .pageNav, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .pageNav {
      visibility: hidden;
      }
     [/color]

Pedal faster
  • Options
    aa4gaaa4ga Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2005
    This kinda works, but may be variable...it worked fairly well for me using both IE and Firefox. I've got some more CSS changes that may affect it too....mostly removing displayed stuff.
    .photoNav {
    	 position: relative;
    	 left: 225px;
    	 }
    .cartbuttons {
    	 right: 350px;
    	 top: 520px;
    	 }

HTH,

Lee
  • Options
    shiffyshiffy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    With the caveat that I haven't a clue about what I'm doing -- my knowledge of programming is solely derived from the extremely helpful hints of others here -- I modified the suggestions above to get just the cartbuttons to appear below the pictures (I have the navigation keys only appearing above the picture). Depending on whether I'm logged in or not, the cart buttons either appear above or below the picture info (this was not totally by choice, as I couldn't manipulate the positioning the same way for both, but I'm pretty happy the way it turned out). You'll probably need to manipulate the relative positioning pixels based on your own page layout. Also, I'm sure others here can manipulate this in a better way. That said, here's what I did:

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom {
    display: inline;
    }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom, #smugmug_small
    #albumNav_bottom {visibility : hidden ;
    }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons {visibility : visible ; }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons {padding : 0 px ; }

#smugmug #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons, #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons {
    left: -250px;
    top: -45px; }

.loggedIn #smugmug #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons, .loggedIn #smugmug_small #albumNav_bottom .cartbuttons {
    left: -250px;
    top: -115px ;
    }

#smugmug #photoTools, #smugmug_small #photoTools {
    left: 125px;
    top: 30px ; }