wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited October 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
797wmkr-r8606-v2.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    wfeller wrote: »

I like it.. looks like 6 faces on her dress.. took me a second to realize what i was looking at.. cool shot
    Devin
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    00SS wrote: »
    I like it.. looks like 6 faces on her dress.. took me a second to realize what i was looking at.. cool shot

Thank you. The whole thing is a series of partially mirrored images; the sky & clouds, the woman, and the faces on the top of her dress. Each repetition of each image is slightly different than the others though. The most interesting, IMO, is the woman. Rather than the backside of her (which it is supposed to look like) is actually a mirrored image of her side. The dress is a black sweater which I did some modifications on to make it look like it does. It was a nice opportunity to do some hack digital painting.
    Anybody can do it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Hi Walter..... Was this picture taken on this side of that space porthole or on the other side......?? Neat shot.......thumb.gif
    edited October 8, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Walter..... Was this picture taken on this side of that space porthole or on the other side......?? Neat shot.......thumb.gif

Thank you- sort of inside-out of it, I think. It's hard to remember. I'm not sure I was awake. :)
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Neat indeed. I really had to take a close look at this one :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 9, 2010
    It's a haunting image, Walter. Well done.
    edited October 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Neat indeed. I really had to take a close look at this one :D

Thank you. I've put in a closer crop below.
    Richard wrote: »
    It's a haunting image, Walter. Well done.

Thanks.

--

I've been trying to work this a little better. I want more detail in the dress and maybe make it a bit lighter.

798-tow-r8606-v3.jpg

Actually, it looks darker now. I took out a hump on the right side of the skirt, but I'm not totally satisfied with the black edges. Maybe someday I can get a tablet(?). I know I could draw what I want- working with a mouse is frustrating.

Not much different from the original edit.

Here's like a 50-66% crop.
    crop-tow-r8606-v3.jpg

It shows more detail, but also how coarse the edges are.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 9, 2010
    The Other Woman -- rolleyes1.gifEither name is good.

I like the crop...I can see more detail. If you keep it cropped in some can you move it to the brighter cloud area? Those brighter clouds are just beautiful. Or would it throw the lighting all off?

The edges don't bother me. Where did you get the hair?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 9, 2010
    I don't care for the close crop, as I agree with Mary that the bright clouds add atmosphere. I played with it a bit and the version I like best is a 4x3 aspect that preserves the entire height and takes a bit more off the left edge than the right. FWIW.
    edited October 9, 2010
    The Other Woman -- rolleyes1.gifEither name is good.

I like the crop...I can see more detail. If you keep it cropped in some can you move it to the brighter cloud area? Those brighter clouds are just beautiful. Or would it throw the lighting all off?

The edges don't bother me. Where did you get the hair?
    Richard wrote: »
    I don't care for the close crop, as I agree with Mary that the bright clouds add atmosphere. I played with it a bit and the version I like best is a 4x3 aspect that preserves the entire height and takes a bit more off the left edge than the right. FWIW.

Thank you Mary and Richard. The intention of posting the crop was to show the detail which came out from some funky erasing I didn't do all the way but came out looking kind of cool. Eventually I'll have a print of this, probably on canvas. It will be large and definately be the full crop.

For what it's worth, there's so many 'widowmakers'. I'm changing the title to 'The Other Woman'. --

Don't make her ugly,
    Don't make her small.
    Build me a woman,
    Make her ten feet tall.
    ~ Build Me a Woman - Jim Morrison

In response to 'Where did you get the hair?'

I'm real happy with the way the hair turned out. She started out on a geology field trip to the Colorado River in 2007.

Rather than try to explain, here's what I did (a recreation).

600-2522.jpg

600-2522-2.jpg

292-2522-3.jpg

400-2522-5.jpg

400-2522-6.jpg

400-2522-7.jpg

There was a lot that went on between this last image and the finished product. Basically, I hope these shots show how I got to the draft point on the image's subject.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 9, 2010
    Thank you for showing what you did :D Great work from photos you have.

Your 3rd photo -- do you see the cats face in the hair? That in itself would make a good photo.

Printed on canvas...that will look good thumb.gif
    edited October 11, 2010
    Thank you for showing what you did :D Great work from photos you have.

Your 3rd photo -- do you see the cats face in the hair? That in itself would make a good photo.

Printed on canvas...that will look good thumb.gif

Thanks you. For the moment I have to keep close to home, but what an opportunity to see what I can glean out of my archives! I'm not sure I see the cat. It does give me an idea though :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 11, 2010
    Here's the face I saw --

Sorry to hear you need to stay close to home. Hope all is ok.
    edited October 11, 2010
    Here's the face I saw --

Sorry to hear you need to stay close to home. Hope all is ok.

There it is, now I see it. Okie-dokey health-wise. Cutting back more and more every month still. I figure there's something here I'm supposed to do. The desert's fine without me. :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 11, 2010
    wfeller wrote: »
    There it is, now I see it. Okie-dokey health-wise. Cutting back more and more every month still. I figure there's something here I'm supposed to do. The desert's fine without me. :)

-

Glad to hear your doing fine health wise thumb.gif