Options

A Selection of Favorites

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited October 7, 2010 in Weddings
I haven't had a moment to breathe since my season started never mind actually post (YAY for being a high photo teacher, college photo prof, AND having my business :huh), but I wanted to take a moment to share some of my favorite captures from this summer. As always, I'm open to C&C. You only get better once you know what you're doing wrong. I've narrowed it down to 8 so I don't drive you all crazy. TIA! :thumb

1. 951211664_5jSYe-M.jpg
  2. 982252982_g6unD-M.jpg I blew the exposure in it, but I like the movement. The stuff on his shoulder is the baggie that the birdseed was in.
  3. 1004303733_s4a7f-M.jpg
  4. 1004304014_VoB7R-M.jpgThe groom loved the truck. And I just loved the light. I got another hilarious one of them sitting on the hood of it, but I somehow like this one better.
  5. 1004304117_Ajc96-M.jpg Yup. Absolutely loved the light.
  6. 1004306280_CC9ie-M.jpg
    This triple rainbow showed up just as they were exchanging rings thanks to the light drizzle that came through. I'm almost positive the bride was missing three grandparents, so it was a pretty awesome day.
  7. 1028041158_EibRT-M-1.jpg Typical country club pond, but I was just happy with how it came out.
  8. 1028047882_fTD5k-M-1.jpgCompletely all the groom. I just tell them where to stand and let them do the rest. That's just my style.
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    LOVE #6! - If that's not a large canvas in their living room, they're really missing out!
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    I like #5, awesome stuff.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Thanks, guys!

#6 was such a trip. I was feeling the raindrops start to fall and just knew that it was going to be the perfect conditions for a rainbow. It broke just as they were exchanging rings. I was literally smiling so huge while shooting. It was also hard because of where it fell during the ceremony since I couldn't get the kiss and the rainbow at the same time, so I was running around in a 90 degree arc trying to get both. This particular shot was literally right after they walked down the aisle. I asked them to just stand by the rock and love being married. I didn't pose or anything (not my style to do it). This one was my favorite that resulted. I'm meeting up with them this weekend for a TTD, so I'm super pumped.

#5 We were heading back in from doing their portraits around the truck. I told her to just stop right where she was. I ran in front of her through the grass. And told her she could keep going. So it was somewhat spontaneous. I absolutely loved the light. It's probably my favorite lighting of 2010 so far.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Jago-ViGJago-ViG Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Great shots. Colour is great and great composition in all the shots. After that, 1, 5, 6 and 7 are my favourite!