Options

can i just say ...

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 27, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
how cool it is to see everybody stretching, photographically and critically? it's way cool.

i'm diggin the entries so far guys. keep up the good work!

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2004
    andy wrote:
    how cool it is to see everybody stretching, photographically and critically? it's way cool.

i'm diggin the entries so far guys. keep up the good work!

I have to agree. I tried keeping up with the critiques thread, but got overwhelmed after the 3rd day. Hopefully work will slow down for the next challenge and I can participate and help a little more.

I just finished looking at the Challenge 15 thread and there are some great entries so far. This is a tough subject both creatively and technically. I know I've been struggling to get some of my ideas to come to life. I ended up scrapping all of my originally ideas and went back to the drawing board today.

Dave
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2004
    Action at the drawing board????
    dkapp wrote:
    I have to agree. I tried keeping up with the critiques thread, but got overwhelmed after the 3rd day. Hopefully work will slow down for the next challenge and I can participate and help a little more.

I just finished looking at the Challenge 15 thread and there are some great entries so far. This is a tough subject both creatively and technically. I know I've been struggling to get some of my ideas to come to life. I ended up scrapping all of my originally ideas and went back to the drawing board today.

Dave
    Dave, I am sitting here wondering how you could do the assignment just sitting at the drawing board, smile. I have some ideas that might work.

I say "might", because I am sick of all my stuff by now. I would love to go read, but I just sit here trying to remember photographic facts......

I really have stuff I need to do, like back up all these photos in anticipation of the big computer crash due to increased work load.

It is funny, I really liked the stuff I did of the kids and tennis, then the motorboat thing was Ok, presentable, but the tennis ball thing happened and I thought that was ingenius. I now hate them all.

Tell me, do you know, does a high key photo have to have black in it?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Dave, I am sitting here wondering how you could do the assignment just sitting at the drawing board, smile. I have some ideas that might work.
    I carry a notebook with me & write down any ideas I have during the day. You never know when you will get a brilliant idea and then forget it by the time you get home. Then there is the part of getting the idea out of your head & looking the way you want...my ideas are clearly far beyond my skill level :)
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I say "might", because I am sick of all my stuff by now. I would love to go read, but I just sit here trying to remember photographic facts......
    I'm constantly re-reading my photo books & magazines. There is too much information to retain in perfect detail.
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I really have stuff I need to do, like back up all these photos in anticipation of the big computer crash due to increased work load.

It is funny, I really liked the stuff I did of the kids and tennis, then the motorboat thing was Ok, presentable, but the tennis ball thing happened and I thought that was ingenius. I now hate them all.
    I liked the tennis kids idea you had. Some of those pictures turned out great, especially the little girl...can't remember the name of the photo now. I don't remember the motorboat thing. That must have come to the middle-end of last week when I was working 20 hour days.
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Tell me, do you know, does a high key photo have to have black in it?
    I'm not real good with any studio type photography. To me high key would be a bright/white background, and you can have black in it...don't see why not. But again, I'm a street photographer & use whatever light god gives me that day.

Dave