Senior Pictures

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited October 7, 2010 in People
Any C&C welcome. I love that in the people forum, people actually respond to pictures and give feed back. It def makes me a better photog. Thanks!

1. 1022222309_rcKs9-M.jpg

2. 1021542633_fTkPG-M.jpg

3. 1022227748_rFc9j-M.jpg

4. 1021544499_VBPuw-M.jpg

5. 1024314245_e8X6n-M.jpg

6.1024302192_VBJuk-M.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Heather

Comments

• DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    These are nice. The light seems a little too bluish in 2 and 3. I like number 5 but it's a little too much tilt for me. 3 and 4 seem a little under exposed. Very pretty girl, she seems comfortable in the photos so you must have been doing a good job working with her. Thanks for sharing.
  • WanderWander Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    As a yearbook shot I like the composition of #2 but I agree there is a bluish cast to the lighting, I'm sure that can be fixed.

I like the edge of #1 but I'm losing her face, maybe if her head was turned a little toward the camera and tilted up a bit.

I also like the idea of #4 but the motion of the grass in the foreground is bluring the image a little too much and distracts my eye from the subject.

#3 just doesn't seam to fit the girl-she looks more natural in the country settings

#6 also has that blue cast and she seems a little too far away and I think the background would be nicer if it was out of focus.

I do feel the excitment and nervousness of the girl reaching her senior year and making the shift from girl to young woman from her expression and manner so you've done a great job at capturing her emotion.
    ~Matt

Nikon D70s
    Nikon F4s
    Pentax K1000
    Olympus OM-10
    Gitzo CF tripod/Arca Swiss ball head
    Not nearly enough lenses
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Nice portraits.
    I think #1 has that on board flash look that I tend to shy away from and the crop seems a bit off to me. Perhaps more space in front of her?
    #2 is very nice, just warm it up a but, it's on the cool side.
    #3 is nice as well but I don't care for the "in the corner" juxtaposition, would have worked better on a flat brick wall.
    #4 Nice but I do find the grass distracting
    #5 I like a lot but I would have preferred a shallower DOF to blur out the ground beneath her
    #6 I echo Matt's comment but want to add that a landscape orientation would be more fitting to this type of shot

She's a lovely young lady btw....
    Yo soy Reynaldo