Dalyla (at 4 1/2 months) CC Please

ohsogorgeous1ohsogorgeous1 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited October 7, 2010 in People
1035186158_yPNjX-L-1.jpg1035190831_8hEZ7-L.jpg1035191006_4pQgW-L.jpg1035191426_emCC7-L.jpg

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Cute baby. It looks like you had some nice natural light but I think you missed it just a bit in the first and last pic. The baby face is too much in shadow. Just a slight shift to camera right and you could have had some really nice short lighting. Something I recently read and have been practicing is to first position the subject (or light) so that the eyes and mouth are lit since this is what your viewer will be natural connected to. Then move the subject (or light) until the shadows, such as the nose, is pleasing and flattering. In the first and last, just a slight 1/4 turn of the baby face towards the light would have really rocked these pictures.

I think the 2nd and 3rd pictures are better, 3rd being the best. 2nd may be a little under exposed. Both could use some contrast. I really like the comp in #3 except for the cutoff little chubby fingers. As is, don't like the bit of the blanky poking up near the right eye.

With all that said, I think they are good overall and can probably be much better with a little post work.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Cute little baby....
    They are a bit dark on the baby's face.
    I see a window behind the baby.....try again, only this time turn everything around and utilize that great window light, that alone will greatly improve the lighting. Other than that watch your focal point making sure to keep it on baby's eyes...these are all tight crops and eyes are very important....
    Nice shots I must say
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • ohsogorgeous1ohsogorgeous1 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Thank you! I'm just getting back into taking pictures again, thank you for the advice, and I will definitely work on it.