On to Bryce

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited October 9, 2010 in Landscapes
Almost done processing my Southwest trip. A few favorites from Bryce below. The weather was unbelievable for our 10 days in Utah & Arizona. We had 9 straight days of blue, blue (never have seen this shade of blue in the east) skies with not a single cloud (I could have used just a few to make the px more interesting - but who's complaining). Hard to expose correctly with the sky so bright and then the orange & white rocks with the green foliage.

Stephanie

#1 The main ampitheater
1034369757_ubH2i-L.jpg

#2 Mule deer
1034398105_FtVvG-L.jpg

#3 Stars over Bryce (I've never done night shots before - I brought along Ron's tutorial)
1034419329_9WjTy-L.jpg

#4 Sunrise
1034564165_2pVxF-L.jpg

#5 Navajo Loop Trail thru Wall Street
1034454511_WrLPP-L.jpg

#6 Natural Bridge
1035513051_69Rzc-L.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 7, 2010
    Coolness! clap.gif

How much hiking did you do there, Stephanie? Is it a good place to hike? That's the first time I've seen that Navajo Loop Trail. Looks pretty cool!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Love all the shots!

Bryce at nightclap.gif

out of this world huh?

Joel, lots and lots and lots, you would love them all...
    Aaron Nelson
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Thanks - Joel, Aaron, & Dan. It means a lot, as I think of you guys as the Arizona photo gurus. I'd love to come out and shoot with you sometime.

Joel -My parents & I hiked the Navajo Loop Trail in a counter clockwise direction starting off thru Wall Street. The trail starts at Sunset Point. We did not do the complete loop because once we got to the bottom of the canyon we hooked up with the Queen's Garden Trail. This is supposed to be an easier trail to hike back up so that's what we did, ending at Sunrise Point. You definitely have to hike down to the canyon floor, it is a totally different world down there. It was the highlight of the trip for my parents. There are quite a few other trails that looked worthwhile but we were on limited time and my parents would never have been able to handle more than one hike in a day.

Here is the link for my Bryce gallery that has a lot of px from the trail, we were hiking between 9:15AM - 11:15AM.

http://gyshwysh.smugmug.com/Landscapes/2010-UtahArizona/Bryce-Canyon-National-Park/13871583_mHaHs#1034036523_6tDPa

Stephanie
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    nice set, Stephanie. Bryce really is an amazing place... pretty tough to go wrong there. did you get a chance to catch the sunlight bouncing among the hoodoos just after dawn? the colors that come out are simply astonishing.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2010
    what a beautiful set of pics would love to see that place in person Id never wanna go home