What do you think?

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited October 7, 2010 in People
How can these be better? I would love to hear your ideas....

1. 1004346844_PE6bP-M-1.jpg

2. 1007486615_Y2tMB-M.jpg

3.1004640949_GK2Hj-M.jpg

4.1007516954_Qc4bD-M.jpg

5.1004351958_heiya-M.jpg

6.1007511129_VAuKg-M.jpg

71004355228_wcee7-M.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Some cool ideas here and it's hard for me to give specifics since I have not done many location shoots with families but I'll point out what I "think" might be helpful.

I like the idea on #1 but I do find the location to be too busy or perhaps not fitting to the family. This is where I might shoot a "grunge" style shot with a teen perhaps but not a well dressed family.
    Also I think the processing has too much contrast as the darks are lost.
    #2 Again, nice idea but I'm just not comfortable with the crop, perhaps tighter?
    Too much neck visible, I feel like her head is missing....
    #3 Nice setting, wrong time of day, I see squinting eyes and harsh shadows
    #4 Sweet idea and obviously has to be shot at a small aperture for optimal focus range which might make a shot like this a little tougher to shoot at a later time of day. I say this because I'm just a little bothered by the bright patch of sky above the girl's head.
    #5 Is a very cute closeup of this little guy, maybe a looser crop and a shallower DOF to blur the brick a wee bit more?
    #6 Again cute closeup but a wee bit heavy on the squinting eyes.
    #6 Is my favorite shot, a couple more steps to your left and a little more exposure on the couple could improve this.

Keep in mind these are just my observations as I mentioned I have not shot any family portraits on location as of yet but critiquing your lovely portraits helps me to see what could be improved not only for your work but for my own as I'm positive I will be shooting a family in the not too distant future.
    Thanks for the opportunity....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Overall... nice set. Favorites are 4, 5 & 6.

#1 - Like it but something bothers me. Not sure if it's the vignetting or the crop.

#2 - Not doing anything for me

#3 - Like the shot, don't like the shadows on the face.

#4 - Really like this shot. Only nit is 2nd kid from the front looks like he has a really short arm at first glance. Then I realized it's not his arm but kid number 3's.

#5 - Love it

#6 - Love it

#7 - Not sure
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site