It's got some cool new features and the upgrade is free :barb

1038171528_LSBbn-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Thank you for mentioning this!
  • MarcyMarcy Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    yes - thanks - it appears that they have done some significant changes in the interface - it is one of my favorite programs
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    One of the new features is numerous presets which one can use as a baseline. Here is another I played with today using five bracketed images of Myrtle Falls at Mount Rainier.

1039235676_QJJD8-XL-1.jpg
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Nice Dan. That turned out well.

Not wanting to step on your thread here I posted a fusion result I got today on the new version over on your Photomatix thread in the Finishing School section.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    I haven't gotten much into HDR, but I really like the images in this thread. Especially the first one. That to me is what HDR is supposed to be. Not the ugly day-glo radioactive-looking trash some people are into.
    edited October 8, 2010
    colourbox wrote: »
    I haven't gotten much into HDR, but I really like the images in this thread. Especially the first one. That to me is what HDR is supposed to be. Not the ugly day-glo radioactive-looking trash some people are into.

The tool easily lets you go from natural (as I have tried to portray) to painterly, to grunge, to whatever else suits your eye. thumb.gif
  • BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    One of the new features is numerous presets which one can use as a baseline. Here is another I played with today using five bracketed images of Myrtle Falls at Mount Rainier.

1039235676_QJJD8-XL-1.jpg

wonderful image
    edited October 9, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Nice Dan. That turned out well.

Not wanting to step on your thread here I posted a fusion result I got today on the new version over on your Photomatix thread in the Finishing School section.
    Blackwood wrote: »
    wonderful image

Thanks guys :D:D
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    Both of these came out really good Dan. Thanks for the heads up, I just upgraded. :)
    edited October 10, 2010
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    Both of these came out really good Dan. Thanks for the heads up, I just upgraded. :)

Thanks Bryan. Yes, the upgraded version is very sweet.wings.gif
  • ToonartistToonartist Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    Great shots, love the colours in #1 and the detail in #2... excellent stuff!
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Very nice images Dan. Thanks for the heads up on Photomatix 4.0. It is downloading as I type:D.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Meanwhile, manual blending using layers has been available for over a decade in Photoshop :D
    edited October 12, 2010
    ront wrote: »
    Very nice images Dan. Thanks for the heads up on Photomatix 4.0. It is downloading as I type:D.

Ron
    coscorrosa wrote: »
    Meanwhile, manual blending using layers has been available for over a decade in Photoshop :D

drums.gif This just in, Ron T. No need to use Photomatix. You can do it manually in PS.rolleyes1.gifD:D

Seriously, I keep experimenting with both methods, and I am simply unable to match the flexibility, ease, and final results of Photomatix with PS. Obviously, Ron C., you and others are very PS expert, but for an old, lazy guy like me, Photomatix is wonderful; and it keeps getting better.wings.gif

Thanks for commenting guys clap.gif