Finally done & Thanks!!

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited October 8, 2010 in Landscapes
Finally done with the Southwest vacation px - finished going thru my Zion and Page px last night. While Zion was my favorite park to actually be at and sightsee, my px just did not do it justice. Below are a few favorites from the Page, AZ area. We did a lot of activities in that area: Glen Canyon Dam tour, Colorado River Discovery float trip, Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures, and Horseshoe Bend. I highly recommend the Slot Canyon Hummer Adventure tour for photographers. The 3 hour tour goes to Secret Canyon (I believe there is a 5 hour tour that goes to 2 other canyons as well). There is a maximum of 7 people in the canyon at one time - great for picture taking.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum. My itinerary for all five stops was based on all of the lovely photographs you all have been taking. My parents also really enjoyed the trip - they had no idea what was out there when I said I wanted to go to Utah & Arizona. They refused to look at pictures before we went so that they would be surprised - they were in awe when we got there.

Stephanie

#1 View of Wahweap Marina and Lake Powell
1037110609_kmSrq-L.jpg

#2 Colorado River Discovery Float Trip (I know its blown out but I liked it with the boats to show scale)
1037941331_NR6uv-L.jpg

#3 View of Glen Canyon Dam from float trip
1037159005_CokUX-L.jpg

#4 Secret Canyon
1038071197_XMnfQ-L.jpg

#5 Secret Canyon
1038042937_pr5Df-L.jpg

#6 Secret Canyon w/sunbeam
1038049172_vCxrj-L.jpg

#7 Secret Canyon w/sunbeam
1038085636_X44Xi-L.jpg

#8 Secret Canyon
1038088628_3rKRT-L.jpg

#9 Horseshoe Bend (needed a wider angle lens)
1038030047_fFHaF-L.jpg

#10 Horseshoe Bend
1038036362_UXqhM-L.jpg

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    wow beautifull work:)
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Wow....the photos of "secret Canyon" are great! I'll bet you had a great trip.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    would love to see Secret Canyon... when i passed through there, i only had time for one Antelope Canyon tour and some shots of Horseshoe Bend... you're right, it takes a really wide lens to get it all in. the 17-35 i had on my 40D just didn't cut it, and i had to pan & stitch to get it all in! i really wanna go back and shoot it with a full-frame body... that whole southern Utah/northern Arizona area, from Bryce all the way to Moab, is just full of amazing places to shoot, and another visit there is definitely on my bucket list!

by the way, if you want to really appreciate the scale of Horseshoe Bend, take a close look at the shoreline on the far side, at the tip of the bend among the trees... you'll see a path there, with a small building back up from the beach a little way, between the trees and the base of the cliffs. i think it's a restroom - i've never taken the tour, so i don't know - but it's pretty clearly visible in the 16x24 print i have on my wall. when you realize what it is, and the typical size of that kind of structure, it really gives you an idea of the scale of the place...

horseshoe shore small crop.jpg
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    I love Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. Looks like you had a great trip. I really like 7 & 8 of Secret canyon.

I got to play up there back in March of this year for a few days. All that did was to fire up my desire to see what was around the next corner. I have to play a return trip with more time.

Thanks for sharing yours.