FS (Canada): Canon EF 400 f/4 DO IS Super Telephoto

HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
edited October 30, 2010 in House of Canon
I had this lens listed for sale several weeks ago and ended up withdrawing it. Originally it was paired with a 7D. I have since gone back to a 1-Series body, having acquired a 1D Mark IV and a 500 f/4L IS to pair with it.

As a result...

For sale is my pristine (literally 'as new') EF 400 f/4 DO IS super telephoto lens. I am the original owner of this lens, having purchased it new in March of this year. It has been protected with a LensCoat since it first came out of the box. I'm anal about my gear and this lens has been babied by me. There is not so much as a mark or spec of dust on or in this lens. The date code is 'UX'.

It is being offered complete with the LensCoat ($105 Can. value) and all the original stuff that came with it. Included are the lens, hood, rear cap, front leather cap, manual, hard luggage case with key, tripod ring and original shipping carton.

Unlike reviews of earlier production units, this copy is super sharp and handled the 1.4xTC very well. I have included some images below that were taken with this lens. It has performed equally well with my 7D, 1D MkIII and 1D MkIV.

1004650843_EZi2y-O.jpg

Here are some images shot with this lens...

980179067_mwrHv-O.jpg

879866037_Bqfc7-O.jpg

982413482_zg5ru-O.jpg

987211396_4UPkj-O.jpg

991928248_LU4bi-O.jpg

Here is one taken using the 1.4xTC

812053520_qCrBA-O.jpg

The best price I have seen for this lens and LensCoat in Ontario, including tax, is almost $7,200.

My price..... $5,500

ALL PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLARS

Preferred method of payment is cash (of course), EMT, Certified Cheque or Cashiers Cheque.

Shipping is extra if required and I will only ship Xpress Post, Insured.

The best means of contacting me is via email at: harveygold@highpointvizslas.com

Comments

• HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    Weekly bump :)
  • bcmusherbcmusher Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Great person to purchase from
    Harv wrote: »
    Weekly bump :)

I have purchased equipment from Harv, you could not tell it had been used, looked brand new. Great person to deal with.

Bonnie
    edited October 23, 2010
    Time for another bump :)
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    Harv wrote: »
    Time for another bump :)

binge.gifTime to throw in some sweet-potato pie, Harv.:eat

BTW folks...I've been capturing images with this lens for some time now. Best field lens available IMO. This price can't be matched for an as new lens. Harv is trustworthy (one of those Canadians...you know).
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Here Harv...I guess you better give this to the Misses!

Ingredients

• 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
    • 1/2 cup butter, softened
    • 1 cup white sugar
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 2 eggs
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions

1. Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
    2. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
    3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
    edited October 30, 2010
    Thanks for both the recipe and the plug, Ric. Much appreciated.