Bee Round-Up

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I usually drive by here every time I head out shooting...rolling up the windows on the side where the bee's are, but for some reason that day my husband closed up all our windows before reaching this area. Thank goodness he did...there were bee's everywhere. First we just drove by since I'm allergic to bee stings. Well...I returned :D All photos were taken through the car window so sharpness isn't great. Bee's were all around the car. You'd think they'd put out road signs warning people to roll up their windows before approaching the area.

1 --

1040693549_CLits-XL.jpg

2 --

1040693617_ogTmr-XL.jpg

3 --

1040693703_oEsKP-XL.jpg

4 --

1040693781_eTcy9-XL.jpg

5 --No gloves on yet.

1040693889_aSZwq-XL.jpg

6 --

1040693956_pxvQb-XL.jpg

7 --

1040694031_FSnZp-XL.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2010
    Howdy Mary,

Yikes, that had to give you the "Creepy -Crawlies" especially being allergic to them.

Neat series!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Yikes, that had to give you the "Creepy -Crawlies" especially being allergic to them.

Neat series!!!

Hi Craig --

Yes it gave me the creeps. I just wasn't sure if one of them would find their way into the jeep. Didn't stay long tho.

Couldn't believe the one person would be out there without any gloves on. She did put them on, but gotta wonder if there were any bees in them as they were all over the place.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    No place to break down, or have a flat tire. I watched a guy remove a hive from under a tool shed and never put his suite on. He did it in pants and a T-shirt. Scared me and I was 50 feet away. Nice series Mary K.thumb.gif
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    wow thats scary werent you afraid they would come threw youre car vents great shots thanks for shareing
  • RobSylvanRobSylvan Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    That's neat! I just started a 6 week bee keeping class and hope to have a couple of hives next year.
    edited October 10, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    No place to break down, or have a flat tire. I watched a guy remove a hive from under a tool shed and never put his suite on. He did it in pants and a T-shirt. Scared me and I was 50 feet away. Nice series Mary K.thumb.gif

Pants and a t-shirt -- that gives me the chills just thinking about it.

Glad you liked the series -- thanks for commenting :D
    edited October 10, 2010
    jackiejay wrote: »
    wow thats scary werent you afraid they would come threw youre car vents great shots thanks for shareing

Yes I was afraid they'd come in the vents. These photos were taken quick..really quick :D

Checked out the jeep when we got home. Only one bee hooked a ride into town with us. I swear he haunted our yard for a week eek7.gif
    edited October 10, 2010
    RobSylvan wrote: »
    That's neat! I just started a 6 week bee keeping class and hope to have a couple of hives next year.

A future bee keeper - :D It would be a fun hobby, but sadly one I couldn't partake in.

I was surprised to see the bee keepers were from CA. Long way for them to come to take care of some bees. Makes me wonder where they move them to.

Wish you luck in your new hobby -- you'll have to post some photos of it when you get started.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    Neat set of pics Mary. Appreciate the story too. :D Chances are I would
    have rolled up windows as well with the air around being so full of em
    flying about. You captured that well and the B&W looks great showing it.
    Michael
    edited October 11, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Neat set of pics Mary. Appreciate the story too. :D Chances are I would
    have rolled up windows as well with the air around being so full of em
    flying about. You captured that well and the B&W looks great showing it.

Glad you liked the BW one. That's my favorite. Thought about doing some of the other ones in BW too. Seems to really pick up all those little bugs flying about.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    Superb in black and white. You certainly know your stuff.
    edited October 11, 2010
    Superb in black and white. You certainly know your stuff.

I'm leaning...slowly, but learning :D