Options

Finally, more from my first wedding, lot's of images

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited October 12, 2010 in Weddings
I shot the entire day in aperture priority because I was sick so it was easy, and I heard it was good to catch the quick moments.
These are some I want to share for several reasons, some I think are really nice images, some I just love the content. My bride was a no nonsense gal, so I did not ever have her alone to shoot even for a few minutes. She wanted mostly candids and I think I did a good job of it! In my mind I had a different image than how the day turned out to be, but it is not for me to set the tone, but to do my best with what the bride's idea is of her big day.

1. Before I even got to the home the bride had done the floral center pieces for the church and reception and dad had delivered them. Soon the MOH and best GF arrive to do the flowers for the wedding party.
977226017_mFJQY-L.jpg

2 Groom, best man/brother and the grooms's 2 boys all from London, do some tricks for the camera. Groom is s videographer/cameraman, they met while he was in Phoenix filming Animal Planet...hehhe he made his warrior turn his head toward my camera, love that kind of groom!
1038557817_Uto8H-L.jpg

3 Two cousins share a kiss at Grandma's suggestion.
989021597_tzvsb-L.jpg

4The church is right across the street from the house, so we walked over and got even busier! I never would have thought about doing the nails after the gown is put on!It makes sense for her since she was pruning roses earlier.
1024107184_poDLU-L.jpg

5 Sigh.... I was getting frustrated by now, weaving in and out of 6 women, 4 cameras trying to get some shots of JUST the bride. At the moment I took this I was annoyed but now it is about my favorite capture.:lust The woman to the right is the judge who is doing the honors, she is a family friend I think because just moments before this, she hung her wedding outfit on the door to the right of the bride, within 3 or 4 feet and just stripped! This is a great capture of what was going on in that room!!Thank God the judge did not remain half naked for long!.:rofl
992821394_GKSCE-L.jpg

6. I love how the MOG is holding her head up, so proud of her family, and carrying her pocketbook. What you can't see all of is the small circus in the foyer behind her, the case of water bottles ( blue) and to their left I was able to crop out the walker for an elderly person, and the extra chairs stacked half way to the ceiling. This was the part that was nothing like I imagined, lol. Boy I have a lot of ideas :deal IF I were to be the wedding co ordinator for the church, and btw this was the multi purpose room.
1023701036_RnoZW-L.jpg

7 Wide shot of the groom and guests as the bride comes down the aisle. MOB ( like me at my dd wedding) can't wait to see the look on the grooms face. And the lady with the video camera is the aunt.
1036133714_2pqor-L.jpg

1036123910_XLRA5-L.jpg

9 Not sure if she is biting her dad's leg or not, but she wanted to be in the guy's photo. I love the little guy to the right. He is the one kissing his little cousin earlier. One of the wedding books I bought said if you just hang out and watch kids, something fun is bound to happen!
1036134122_mzRmB-L.jpg

10 We were allowed in the sanctuary to take a few photos. It was 108 degrees that day and the bride found the ac vent in the floor ( only after I found it first!!!). Her dress was very heavy, I couldn't resist the shot!
1039330252_Dn4SJ-L.jpg

11 The bride and groom arrive!!
993005349_4Dh9T-L.jpg

12 My first and favorite guest shot
976011407_6HTa7-L.jpg

987239247_Dtqn6-L.jpg

1026807187_Mws7u-L.jpg

151026807315_HFfwz-L.jpg

1026974914_Eo5v4-L-1.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700