Emma

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited September 5, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Want to know your opinion about this photo.
She's Emma - mother of my friend.
Her husband, composer and conductor, died in 1981. Maybe it will be interesting to know some facts about his not-so-easy life (including 10 years in Stalin's GULAG)
We (with my friend) made a site, dedicated to him -
www.nosyrev.com

So, here's a photo:
2791.jpg
Your critique, please
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 5, 2005
    Yuri,

I always look forward to seeing what it is you have been creating lately. Had a look at the website you mentioned......it never ceases to amaze me how so often it seems that the sweetest fragrance comes from lives that have been somewhat crushed. It is wonderful that you have chosen to help in establishing a memorial to this man.

As to the picture.....I like the effect but can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have been better in landscape mode. Too much space above her while she appears to be gazing off into the distance.

On another note.....all the UAZ in Mongolia running fine!

Grace and Peace,

Caleb
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Priviet, dear friends!
    Want to know your opinion about this photo.
    She's Emma - mother of my friend.
    Her husband, composer and conductor, died in 1981. Maybe it will be interesting to know some facts about his not-so-easy life (including 10 years in Stalin's GULAG)
    We (with my friend) made a site, dedicated to him -
    www.nosyrev.com

So, here's a photo:
    2791.jpg
    Your critique, please
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    I have no critique. Just wated to say thanks for posting and sharing this slice of a hard life with us.

Sam
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    I have no critique. Just wated to say thanks for posting and sharing this slice of a hard life with us.

Sam
    Same here Yuri. Thank you for the glimpses into the fastinating history of your country. It's amazing how long ago the Second World War, Stalin, the Cold War, etc seem already.