Options

DSS#61....Thoughts on this?

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited October 14, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Retakes are possible, as this is near my house, my question is does it work for the theme? All C&C is much appreciated! Thanks for looking....

A Thing of the Past
1042009875_YZ5aw-L.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    I like it.

I think the theme is a tough one -- maybe title it "Time Machine"? :lol
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2010
    MarkR wrote: »
    I like it.

I think the theme is a tough one -- maybe title it "Time Machine"? :lol

Thanks Mark! Great idea for a title!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    ic4u wrote: »
    Retakes are possible, as this is near my house, my question is does it work for the theme? All C&C is much appreciated! Thanks for looking....

A Thing of the Past

I think it does work.
    tom wise
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    Well, it was invented, after all! I like the feeling of it. My only thoughts are that the bitof grass in the foreground isn't big enough to add to it and is a little bit distracting for me.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    I like the cabin, but... I'm personally not sure if it would work... something in the composition, something that's a little too busy...

- maybe a closer look would be something to think about?... headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Thanks for commenting Tom, Chris ans Tatianathumb.gif
    Chris that grass bugged me too, I went back and burned it in to see if that would work instead of cropping it out. It definitely helped.
    Tatiana, is that what they call this in Canada? Cuz otherwise I'm not sure what your comments mean!
    I think I may just keep looking for more ideas, I just love old rusty stuff like this and was hoping that others would see the connection, but maybe it's a bit of a stretch!
    Thanks again for your comments, I will now take a look at some of the others and add some feedback as well!
    Karin

• Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Tatiana, is that what they call this in Canada? Cuz otherwise I'm not sure what your comments mean!

Oops, sorry Karin if somehow I offended - that was far from my intentions.
    Although I don't see anything that may offend somebody in my comments, please accept my apologies.

- It was a personal thought, related to the fact that maybe you can do it differently, somehow... it doesn't have anything to do with Canada.
    *I'd like to try to correct myself in what I said, if possible - please tell me what do you mean by "is that what they call this in Canada"
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Oops, sorry Karin if somehow I offended - that was far from my intentions.
    Although I don't see anything that may offend somebody in my comments, please accept my apologies.

- It was a personal thought, related to the fact that maybe you can do it differently, somehow... it doesn't have anything to do with Canada.
    *I'd like to try to correct myself in what I said, if possible - please tell me what do you mean by "is that what they call this in Canada"

Totally not offended, no worries!
    You called it a cabin?
    I might be able to reshoot closer, it's in a neighbors driveway, so I'd need to ask before I go any closer:D
    Karin

• Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Totally not offended, no worries!
    You called it a cabin?
    I might be able to reshoot closer, it's in a neighbors driveway, so I'd need to ask before I go any closer:D

Ah, OK... I called the cabin, "cabin", yes. - What do you call it in USA?
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Ah, OK... I called the cabin, "cabin", yes. - What do you call it in USA?

Superman's Domainrolleyes1.gif
    just kidding....a phone booth
    Karin

• Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Superman's Domainrolleyes1.gif
    just kidding....a phone booth

Thank you for the correction. So, you knew the word...

PS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32664365@N03/4469524156/
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    And if you call it a "Time Machine" it'll link in with the TARDIS from the show, Dr. Who....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

The subject itself has quite a bit of personality, but I think the other elements are indeed distracting....well worth playing around with.......
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2010
    And if you call it a "Time Machine" it'll link in with the TARDIS from the show, Dr. Who....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

The subject itself has quite a bit of personality, but I think the other elements are indeed distracting....well worth playing around with.......

Thanks Leahthumb.gif
    I have played around with it and started a new thread-take a look when you have time
    Karin