Dark Shores

Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
edited October 13, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
American Witch
1043008091_4bY6T-XL.jpg

Witch hazel blossoms on the shores of Lake Massabesic. The contrasting colors attracted me and I wanted a more sinister look than I got SOOC, so I messed with sliders in Lightroom.

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    wow great shot :)
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Thanks much. I'm rather partial to it.
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Nice shot and processing. I'd love to see it with the top branch cropped out.
    edited October 13, 2010
    thanks John. I tried a ton of crops with this one...just scroll a bit in your browser to crop out that branch. It doesn't work for me as much, maybe it will you though. For me that other branch adds mood and an OOF echo of the main subject, something that I just like to do sometimes. I also don't know if a tight crop works in terms of balance. But it's so subjective. : )
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    American Witch...never heard of that plant before :D

Dark Shores is a good title for this as I see the dark background with the branch and rocks. Blends so well with the brightness of the yellow.

I like those little yellow spikie things on the branch. Do they bloom into flowers or grow into leaves?
    edited October 13, 2010
    Those are the flowers, Mary. Aren't they strange? We're having a bountiful witch hazel season this year, it's blooming all over.

And yeah, I did have Rob Zombie pop into my head while processing this, but Dark Shores is better. He can keep his title. Great song though.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Those are the flowers, Mary. Aren't they strange? We're having a bountiful witch hazel season this year, it's blooming all over.

And yeah, I did have Rob Zombie pop into my head while processing this, but Dark Shores is better. He can keep his title. Great song though.

I like the name....wonderful that you have this pretty thing growing where you live :D
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    that other branch adds mood and an OOF echo of the main subject

I see what you mean. Nice.
    edited October 13, 2010