Options

DSS 61 - Invention - C&C would be great

MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
edited October 13, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all,

I collected some items from around the house for a still life.
What do you think? What's good, what could be improved?

Thanks!
Mike

1043425255_UxZD6-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    I like it a lot, except for the loupe or lens in the upper right. Nice colors, interesting objects. And I'm even old enough to have known how to use a slide rule!

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    I like it a lot, except for the loupe or lens in the upper right. Nice colors, interesting objects. And I'm even old enough to have known how to use a slide rule!

Chris

I'm old enough that I USED to know how to use a slide rule. :D

I'm with Chris on this, The loupe doesn't seem to fit, but maybe it is because I haven't worked with circuit boards. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2010
    Thanks for the comments. I put the loupe in there as being used to examine small details on the board and look for defects.

Is the loupe throwing you because you weren't sure what it was for, or because it is visually unappealing?

Thanks, Mike
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    I like the loupe. Even not knowing what it is for, it helps break up the composition (in a good way!) on that side of the image.
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2010
    It's good but I think if the loupe was replaced with something larger and more interesting, it could work better.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Nice!
    I could be wrong here, but if you lose the loupe, then you might have that "golden spiral" going onmwink.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Love, love, love the colors....
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    I was going to say having house blueprints as a background ("heater" and "future storage") didn't seem to fit with the circuit board, slide rule, screwdriver, and loupe (like it, btw).
    I know it's a small nit, because I really like the vibrant blue color of the blueprint. I wish they still made 'em like that. I really like the color, composition, and the apparent age of all the objects included.
    edited October 13, 2010
    I think it's very nice too thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2010
    Thanks again for the continuing feedback.

I was waiting for someone to bust me on the house blueprints :D

My concept is the invention being worked on included a structural/mechanical component along with the electronics. You just have to not read the writing on the blueprints! mwink.gif

The blueprints are of my house, which was designed/built in 1952 (not by me!) and the sliderule is early 1960's, belonged to my Dad. I did know how to use it a long time ago... The circuit board is from a mid 1980's vintage minicomputer. It is the size of a coffee table top and I was explaining to my daughter that todays equivilent power probably sits on the head of a pin.

Thanks!
    Mike