Whoops !!!!!

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited October 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Now, before I hear a bunch of catcalls about "old flower Tom " coming out of the closet again, let me explain. My subject was the red planter box. I didn't even know the flowers and the vines were even there until I started reviewing the shot. I swear.

Tom

1045246814_uC9iJ-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    I love flower shots these are beautiful flowers,thanks for comming out of the closet:)
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

That is really a neat "Time Exposure Experiment"

Funny how all those flowers showed up during the shooting of
    this.

Regardless, that's a really neat Flowerbox you found.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    :D Tom. Like where you placed the planter box and everything in frame. :D
    Did this perchance get any PP time mwink.gif
    I have been seeking a find like this for quite awhile. Haven't located
    anything near this nice yet.
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you liked it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 13, 2010
    Yo Craig,

These " Time Exposure Experiments " you mentioned are quite something. I think I'll play with the concept a little more....no telling what will happen.:D

Take care,

Tom
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hey Michael,

As you well know, shooting flowers is not my forte and something I willingly leave to those with greater skills than mine. This scene, however, caught my eye and demanded that I fire off a frame or two. With the exception of some judicious cropping, this shot has had no PP at all.....stright from the camera.

I've really enjoyed your flower work lately....keep it coming.

Take care,

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Yeah right...you didn't even know the flowers were there rolleyes1.gif

Flower box turned out well, but the flowers are sure purrrr-deee :D

Like how you composed the photo. The vines and flowers look so lush.
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hi Mary,

After undergoing hypnosis, I do seem to remember there being some flowers when I took this shot.:D

I was on a early morning walk in the quaint little town of Blowing Rock, NC when I strolled past this scene. The colors and textures just blew me away.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the nice comment. You've probably had some nice colors with the leaf changes up your way. Let us see them if you get any shots.

Tom
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hi Tom...........Tell you the truth that flower box by itself might have been a little plane...... The flowers are a real plus however they got there. WELL DONE TOM........thumb.gifgary
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Lovely shot, Tom! How you could miss those flowers is beyond me--that red paint must've really stood out when you were there in person! Glad you aren't afraid to share your softer side once in a while. :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hey Gary,

Many thanks for your gracious remarks and your continued support.

Tom
    edited October 13, 2010
    Hey Lauren,

Gosh, it's really great to hear from your quarters. Where've you been lately? I haven't seen near enough of your work.

And, of course, I knew the flowers were there. I was just jacking with some of the boys....hoping they'd go light on me for throwing in a flower shot. But you can't fool that bunch. They were on to my caper right off the bat.

Take care,

Tom
  • StephanyStephany Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    Tom,
    you are right, those little petunias were probably impossible to see o:) Glad you did not do any PP; this way I can enjoy seeing a great photo right out of the camera too. I love Blowing Rock and would not mind spending there a few months next year.
    edited October 14, 2010
    Hi Stephany,

It's good to hear from you. I spend as much time as possible up in the Appalachian high country. For the last 25 years, I had a mountain house over in Boone....it was about 5 miles from Blowing Rock. In anticipation of moving up there on a full-time basis, I recently sold the Boone house and I'm currently planning on building a new home about 22 miles from the old one. I've elected to build the new one just across the state line into Tennessee. Tennessee is a much more favorable environment....speaking of taxes and such.... and the real estate dollar buys a whole lot more over there.

My wife, Darlene, kids me a lot and calls me the " old man in the park ". There's not many things I enjoy more than sitting on one of the benches in the Blowing Rock park overlooking Main Street and just soaking it all in.

Take care,

Tom
  • StephanyStephany Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    Tom, this is funny, my husband and I had the same plan but unfortunately, it was during the peak real estate era. And, the area was being overbuilt while the infrastructure could not support it; traffic like in D.C. We looked around Banner Elk but never got into <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Tenn.</st1:place></st1:State> May be we'll give it a second look. Thank you for the info. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    I fell in love with Brevard NC when I visited there this year. And all the other small towns in that area of NC and in TN near the Smokies. I'd move there if I could, I think!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com