Options

Video for sports events

GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
edited October 14, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I posted this in the Video section and got no response so I'll try here.

After acquiring a camera with HD vid capability, I'm looking to maximize the potential of the thing and have been thinking about offering videos especially for the equine events I do.

While I know it may be a bit out of the league of many here I'm wondering if anyone does this or have seen it and how it is received by the competitors and what sort of price structure those doing this are basing it on?

Perhaps I'm thinking of something new and ground breaking here?

I certainly hope not!

Comments

• Options
    hutchm92hutchm92 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2010
    Glort wrote: »
    I posted this in the Video section and got no response so I'll try here.

After acquiring a camera with HD vid capability, I'm looking to maximize the potential of the thing and have been thinking about offering videos especially for the equine events I do.

While I know it may be a bit out of the league of many here I'm wondering if anyone does this or have seen it and how it is received by the competitors and what sort of price structure those doing this are basing it on?

Perhaps I'm thinking of something new and ground breaking here?

I certainly hope not!
    Actually, I re-read your post. I would google what the going prices are for videoing an event. Depending on your skillsets, price based on that. If you have editing skills, that's another price point. You could also call and ask if videos are being sold and see how much they are selling for. Additionally, you may want to purchase the video and see how it's created and see if you can duplicate. In other words, collect as much information about your interests as much as possible. The rates for videoing an event depends on your video skills and edit skills. What video editing software do you have?
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    I did video for a Friesian Stallion Testing last march. It ended up pretty good for me. I basically sold it as RAW unedited Video to keep it as simple as possible. Pretty much all the stallions that got approved bought a video.
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    I did video for a Friesian Stallion Testing last march. It ended up pretty good for me. I basically sold it as RAW unedited Video to keep it as simple as possible. Pretty much all the stallions that got approved bought a video.

This is what I'm looking at.

Can you give me an idea of what you charged ( here or via PM) and if you are going prints, how that compares to say an 8x10/A4 print.

I want to be able to advertise videoing the Riders as they do their tests and just drop it straight onto a DVD and out the door, so to speak.
    Doing events with photos having to be uploaded, cd's burnt etc, this isn't going to be something that a lot of time can be spent on. It will have to be shot clean and burnt to disk fast ready for the client to take home.

If i can set something up so it has titling and an auto fit soundtrack or something that can be put on like a Photo shop template or action, great.
    I don't know whats possible as I'm a complete Video Noob.

At this stage I'm just trying to get a basic assessment of the viability of the idea to start with.

I haven't been able to find anyone doing what I have in mind so I assume I am putting the wrong thing into the search engines. If anyone has some links, I'd be appreciative to see them.