Fall Scenes in Western Maine

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited October 14, 2010 in Landscapes
Hi!

This Columbus Day weekend in western Maine, we camped and visited the huge Fryeburg Fair. In the general area, we also visited Bethel, home of the famous Sunday River covered bridge and ski area. Here are some stops along the way, and the bridge itself. Foliage quality was hit or miss, but there were good areas, as you can see ...

1. On the way to the Fryeburg Fair, on Rt 302, there's Moose Pond, and leaf-peepers pull over in droves to shoot Mt Sunapee or the pond. This is a less-photographed view that caught my eye.
1045398420_THCHA-XL.jpg

2. Bradford State Park in Pownal has a mountain with a 15-minute hike, and a nice view of the village below.
1045409808_TcR5K-XL.jpg

3. An old roadside cemetary adorned with brilliant fall colors on Rt 9 in Durham.
1045404265_Cud8h-XL.jpg

4. The falls at Billings Dam Park in South Paris with the shadow of the railing in the foreground.
1045406959_dUKMM-XL.jpg

5. And finally, at Bethel, the oft-photographed and painted Sunday River covered bridge built around 1872.
1045411950_SJ29e-XL.jpg

There are other new photos in the gallery, including a closer view of this bridge. Check out our fall gallery at:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Nature-Landscapes/Fall-Foliage-1/12256753_tvZud#1023702749_5bnfT

Thanks for taking the time to look, and we hope you enjoyed these shots.

Lynne and Art

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Exquisite. 2 is my favorite. clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    I enjoyed them all so pretty there 1,2,4 are my favs.:)
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    always liked Maine... now i wanna go back and spend a month there just taking pictures!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    These are wonderful! I actually grew up right in Fryeburg and attended the fair every year, haha. I can't wait to go home and visit again!
    Canon Fan