Options

Error 12031...SM people, HELP NEEDED!!!

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi all, I'm getting error 12031 and can't upload...and trying to get a huge weekend soccer tournament online....parents are calling, it is not good! I really need to get these photos online ASAP. Thanks, Shane

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    If you need fast help, drop SM a mail at help@smugmug.com .

Meanwhile you could try out the two alternatives to the original SM uploaders:
    StarExplorer (runs on almost every Windows, very powerful)
    SendToSmugmug (needs WinXP, haven't tried it due to lack of WinXP)

Both should be able to upload batches of photos beyond the limits of the SM uploaders - very nice for huge amounts of photos.

Hope that helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Hi Sebastian, never knew about those loaders....those sound excellent, will check out right away, thanks! Best, Shane
    If you need fast help, drop SM a mail at help@smugmug.com .

Meanwhile you could try out the two alternatives to the original SM uploaders:
    StarExplorer (runs on almost every Windows, very powerful)
    SendToSmugmug (needs WinXP, haven't tried it due to lack of WinXP)

Both should be able to upload batches of photos beyond the limits of the SM uploaders - very nice for huge amounts of photos.

Hope that helps,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Man you charge WAY too little for you photos, those parents can go cool their jets. Anyways, make sure you aren't trying to upload any files larger than 16mb and that you aren't trying to upload more than 100mb of files at a time (I've never seen that error, but those are the only two stopping points I know of). Or try the generic beta uploader and you can upload as many files as you want as long as they are smaller than 16mb each.
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Thanks Marlinspike...yeah, this has really evolved quickly and yes, a huge price bump is on the way. These are going to turn into fundraisers, maybe more later...but thanks for the thought!

I will try beta uploader...I thought it had the 100mb limit but great if it does not, thanks much and will try it, best, Shane

Man you charge WAY too little for you photos, those parents can go cool their jets. Anyways, make sure you aren't trying to upload any files larger than 16mb and that you aren't trying to upload more than 100mb of files at a time (I've never seen that error, but those are the only two stopping points I know of). Or try the generic beta uploader and you can upload as many files as you want as long as they are smaller than 16mb each.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Shane,
    I will try beta uploader...I thought it had the 100mb limit but great if it does not, thanks much and will try it, best, Shane
    S*E is in release (not in beta:-) since April, it has no limits and you have a full month (30 days, that is:-) to try it out.:-)

Sebastian, thanks for the quick referral!thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Thanks Nik, will try it out soon! Best, Shane

PS I went to my second household PC and I'm not getting the same error message. So, it will be interesting to see what the error code refers to. Thanks to all who helped out today!
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Well, when I said Beta I wasn't talking about star explorer but the one that smugmug has in the list of uploaders.

Either way, good luck with the price increase. You may get a lot of unhappy campers, though they do eventually forget.