Flying

HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
edited October 15, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I went flying with a friend yesterday and shot some aerials for the first time. I got home sorted through them and spotted one I had shot of three trees in a plowed field. I played around with it and came up with the following. I would love to hear any comments, good, bad or indifferent ;)

1043812930_QBgau-L-3.jpg
Serving Him by Serving Others
www.Jerrywhitephotography.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 13, 2010
    I moved this to its own thread.
  • HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    I moved this to its own thread.

Thanks, sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    WOW -- I really like how you played with this one thumb.gif Looks like it's a print on canvas. Beautiful :D
    edited October 13, 2010
    Mary; thanks for the kind words. My wife as already asked for a 40x30 to put over our fireplace.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    Came out pretty nice thumb.gif Neat scene for it. Like the brush stroke directions
    fitting the landscape so well.
    Flying low like that had to be fun. Cruising the landscape. Cool. :D
    Michael
    edited October 14, 2010
    Michael; brush strokes were a texture I found somewhere and the shot was actually about a 10% of the whole. We were flying at about 1500-2000 feet most of the time. She was qualifying for her instructors license and needed some right seat airtime. I'm going back up with her husband in a week or two and he's much more comfortable flying as low as 500 feet. Biggest problem is that I am just outside of DC. I'm outside of the no-fly zone but still in restricted airspace so we are limited in what we can do locally. Permission is needed to do a 360 if there is something I want to shoot, so plans need to be made well in advance. Once we get out of the zone, we are pretty much free to fly where we want.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    Nice to have the details. Thanks. :D
    Glad to hear I am not the only one to work with only 10% of the whole.
    Amazing how much I also do that. Usually when I intend to bend and twist
    as you have with your result here. At some point I will dive into the kind of
    result you have displayed here. Right now only the tools and intentions are on the table.
    Michael
    edited October 14, 2010
    Yes, I often find that I shoot a scene but when I get to studying the image later, one small part stands out. One of the reasons I like the 5D. I wish I could afford to go back to Mimiya now that they've gone digital. Would love to work with those large images but way too expensive for my hobby shooting :)

And naturally, another reason for the dramatic PP is the fact that trying use just that small portion would work for web but no way could you print a decent wall print. I rarely print anything smaller than 16x20 so I need the full frame or some artsy-fartsy PP to make it work. :)
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    I have come back to this one a couple of times... I really like itthumb.gif gary:D