Portraits setup

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited October 13, 2010 in People
Hello, dear friends!
I was asked several times about setup for my indoor portraits photography. This time I decided to make a shot of surroundings so to say.
Two flashes - 300 and 500W. One with a softbox.
Infra-red transmitter.
Our SPARTAK centre has very high ceilings and classic style.
9855.jpg
9856.jpg

Hope this will be interesting to you.
--
Spasibo,
Yuri
http://yuri.pautov.ru

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    The master let's us in on his secrets!!! Awesome. Surprised at the simplicity. Looks like you only used the the one light, bounced on that shot. Just reminds me that you don't have to have an elaborate setup with 6 lights and all kind of modifiers to get outstanding portraits. I guess it's like everything els.... K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Thanks Yuri.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    The master let's us in on his secrets!!! Awesome. Surprised at the simplicity. Looks like you only used the the one light, bounced on that shot. Just reminds me that you don't have to have an elaborate setup with 6 lights and all kind of modifiers to get outstanding portraits. I guess it's like everything els.... K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Thanks Yuri.
    Alex, don't underestimate the space. This setup wouldn't work the same way in a typical garage/apartment. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Great to see the setup for the shots
    I should be able to do very similar setups at the Mission Inn in Riverside for a wedding the first of the year.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Looks like you only used the the one light, bounced on that shot.

Looks like both lights are actually being used, it's just that the softbox is "feathered" away from her so the spill acts as the fill camera left (there's a slight hotspot on the closest column that isn't from the main bounce). It's a super soft, smooth, and delicate fall-off kinda fill. thumb.gif