Options

Window Open with Photo's -

madiggmadigg Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited September 6, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I am not sure anybody can help .. but I have Photo's open on a window through a Memory Stick Device - F Drive - and I pulled the stick to go make photo's at Wal-Mart - forgot to get the stick when I left and now it may be gone.. don'e really care about the stick but the photo's are still in the window.. when I go to try to save them it says please but in stick into device.. IS THERE ANYWAY TO SAVE THEM WITH ... Thanks Joe

Comments

• Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    madigg wrote:
    I am not sure anybody can help .. but I have Photo's open on a window through a Memory Stick Device - F Drive - and I pulled the stick to go make photo's at Wal-Mart - forgot to get the stick when I left and now it may be gone.. don'e really care about the stick but the photo's are still in the window.. when I go to try to save them it says please but in stick into device.. IS THERE ANYWAY TO SAVE THEM WITH ... Thanks Joe
    I have never had that situation although I know you are not supposed to pull the stick while still in use.
    Have you tried saving the images to a different drive? Don't know if that will work but it's worth a try.

Bear
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    I have never had that situation although I know you are not supposed to pull the stick while still in use.
    Have you tried saving the images to a different drive? Don't know if that will work but it's worth a try.

Bear
    Yes but if there is a way I don't know of.. would love to know..
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    madigg wrote:
    Yes but if there is a way I don't know of.. would love to know..
    Well I don't really know either. Can you open them in an image viewing/editing program? If you can you would then be able to save them to another location.

Bear
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Well I don't really know either. Can you open them in an image viewing/editing program? If you can you would then be able to save them to another location.

Bear
    I tried that and tried to print them... I use Adobe and Microsoft 10 to edit my photo's.. is there a way that there may be a history in the software that stores them?
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Sorry I can't be more help. You should definately get that stick back. Thae data should be on it.

Bear
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    madigg wrote:
    Copy / paste into photo editing software?

Sam
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    Copy / paste into photo editing software?

Sam
    HOW? I know how to copy and paste but HOW to Photo Software?
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    If you can still display the images on screen, you can at least capture all available pixels that are visible. Alt-PrtSc will capture the current window, then Paste them into a new image.

You will lose some pixels this way, since most DigiCams capture more than a standard screen can display.

It is also possible that the images are in a Cache somewhere. Unfortunately, Windows' search function is a bit limited. But you can find all files which have been modified during the last day. Search->Date->Modfied in the last 1 days.

Unfortunately, the results of that search will be difficult to parse. You would be looking for files in the size range your camera normally produces. But the files will probably *not* have .jpg extensions.

Like others have suggested, your best bet is to get the memory stick back. Call the store if possible.

Hope that helps...
    Chris
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    95Mcaj wrote:
    If you can still display the images on screen, you can at least capture all available pixels that are visible. Alt-PrtSc will capture the current window, then Paste them into a new image.

You will lose some pixels this way, since most DigiCams capture more than a standard screen can display.

It is also possible that the images are in a Cache somewhere. Unfortunately, Windows' search function is a bit limited. But you can find all files which have been modified during the last day. Search->Date->Modfied in the last 1 days.

Unfortunately, the results of that search will be difficult to parse. You would be looking for files in the size range your camera normally produces. But the files will probably *not* have .jpg extensions.

Like others have suggested, your best bet is to get the memory stick back. Call the store if possible.

Hope that helps...
    Have called the local walmart - they are looking - Search Date Modfied... just how do you do this.. go to search etc? thanks
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Well Thanks to everyone.. got back most of them.. the ones I really wanted.. did the search by date thing.. thanks again..clap.gif
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2005
    madigg wrote:
    Well Thanks to everyone.. got back most of them.. the ones I really wanted.. did the search by date thing.. thanks again..clap.gif
    That's great! Glad you found them! thumb.gif
    Chris