Children, need critique

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited October 15, 2010 in People
The other day after a wedding, I took my kiddos out to the park to take some pictures. Please critique. Advice greatly appreciated

1. 1042383231_wnEyH-L.jpg

2. 1042388303_3U2TN-L.jpg

3.1042395401_LxxFy-L.jpg

4. 1042412944_hgXs9-L.jpg
5.1042401239_NPEY7-L.jpg

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    1. Like the conversion. Don't like the vignette, much too strong IMO. I also would have shifted over to camera left a bit to get more of his face and less of his backside.

2. Bit too bright, even on my office monitor that is a bit darker. His shirt is a little overwhelming its so bright. Good shot otherwise.

3. Could be a great photo. I'm immediately drawn to your son but he is completely OOF. I get that you were using DOF here but I think its a little misplaced here. Either both in focus or the focus on him since he is a bit more interesting with animated pose.

4. You best shot of the bunch. She looks like a very sophisticated young lady. Nice lighting. Sharp. Processing is good. Exposure is good. I'd crop the right side and the top just a bit tighter.

5. No like this one. Looks like he's taking a dump. BG is much brighter than he is so eye is drawn there.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    And the winner is....Ta Da #4.

Sam
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    These are nice.
    #1 is adorable, I concur on the vignette...a bit much on an image that does not need it
    #2 watch the background for blown areas, not real distracting here but the shirt is definitely blown.
    #3 I really like and the texture is cool with the pattern, I wish you would have shot with more depth so they would have both been in focus
    #4 wonderful focus on her, maybe just heal or clone out the bright spot in the background.
    #5 makes me chuckle cause my grandkids (boys) are always sitting or squatting like this....
    The background is distracting though

Cute kiddoes
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • fizzyfizzfizzyfizz Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    I agree with the other guys here on pic 1. Get rid of the vignette and restore the colour. Maybe even a tighter crop?