D7000 Rumors

bobmielkebobmielke Banned Posts: 89 Big grins
edited October 17, 2010 in Cameras
There's a video on youtube showing a guy unboxing a new D7000 he bought yesterday at Best Buy. The release date was to be October 17-22 but Best buy is jumping the manufacturer's gun. Not cool. That's a cheap trick to get potential customers to rush in to buy the camera. I hope Nikon spanks them.

Comments

• MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    There are a handful of High ISO example streams on Flickr, and from what I'm seeing the performance of this device is outstanding. Makes me very excited to put it on my holiday list.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    bobmielke wrote: »
    There's a video on youtube showing a guy unboxing a new D7000 he bought yesterday at Best Buy. The release date was to be October 17-22 but Best buy is jumping the manufacturer's gun. Not cool. That's a cheap trick to get potential customers to rush in to buy the camera. I hope Nikon spanks them.

Having worked at a big chain electronics store, I'd bet this early sale was due to nothing more sinister than good old fashion employee incompetence.
  • HowzitHowzit Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    cletus wrote: »
    Having worked at a big chain electronics store, I'd bet this the early sale was due to nothing more sinister than good old fashion employee incompetence.

Agreed. I visited BB today and the salesman fetched one from the back from me - He would have sold it to me too but alas the D7000 does not fit me.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    They did not have them in stock when I was there on Tuesday they search in the computer and none came up for the whole area, there were 3 pre orders at the store I stopped in at. But they said that it will not allow them to do pre orders unless they can deliver with in 2 weeks
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    There are a handful of High ISO example streams on Flickr, and from what I'm seeing the performance of this device is outstanding. Makes me very excited to put it on my holiday list.

It looks to be splitting the difference between the 300 and 700.
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    bobmielke wrote: »

I doubt it's a conspiracy by Best Buy...besides, what harm does it do if a customer wants it and they sell it a bit early? I could see Best Buy getting in trouble from the manufacturer for breach of some marketing contract or something, but how does it hurt consumers? It's not like the customer is tricked into doing anything...
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    I was in my local Ritz last week and they were expecting them any day. I was told as soon as they came through the doors they would be available. ne_nau.gif
  • cmadnesscmadness Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    I got one yesterday. After having one on pre order from Ritz for over a month just to get a email saying they couldn't process my Paypal and I'd have to reorder, I canceled it.

I called around to a few Best Buys and found one. I found a 12% off coupon, sold the kit lens on ebay and ended up paying less then if I just sat and kept waiting. Win. And thumbs up to Best Buy, they went out out their way to make me happy, breaking rules or not, I'm pleased.

Oh, love my D7000. It's an awesome tool.
    edited October 17, 2010
    I looked on the website for Best buy and they were pricing it at 1499.00. I know the local shop tax included was 1200.00
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • guinkguink Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    I looked on the website for Best buy and they were pricing it at 1499.00. I know the local shop tax included was 1200.00

I think you are comparing the kit price to the body only price. Body only will sell for $1199, when it becomes available in a couple of weeks.
    edited October 17, 2010
    guink wrote: »
    I think you are comparing the kit price to the body only price. Body only will sell for $1199, when it becomes available in a couple of weeks.
    Yep my bad I did not read the fine print.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • guinkguink Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Me too!
    cmadness wrote: »
    Oh, love my D7000. It's an awesome tool.

Me too - I picked one up at the only Best Buy in the area who had any today (once they were officially on sale - perhaps it's the only store that actually followed the rules). Anyway, I am delighted so far, even though I've barely had an opportunity to test it out yet.