PP Comparison - Which One?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited October 15, 2010 in People
You may remember this shot. Took it last year. My PP technique as evolved since then so I reprocessed the RAW image to see if it's got better, worse, same. Wanted to get your opinions. Fair warning... posting large shots so you can get a good look:D:

Old PP Work
736966584_k9GfE-X2.jpg

New PP Work
1048408434_Mti5p-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    Very good improvement. I believe you added some contrast and sharpening on the last pp. Good job man!
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    I don't see much of a difference honestly except for her hair and somne sharpness. I actually like the 1st one better becasue of the hair
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    Thanks guys.

Yeah... the changes are subtle. I laid off the skin smoothing and also didn't add the glow that I added in the first. I think the glow is the effect you see in the hair.

My Smug Site
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    what do you mean by glow? the hair in the 2nd shot looks a touch harsh..oversharpened and with more specular highlights..pulls the eyes awya from teh face..it almnost looks like she has grey hair.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    what do you mean by glow? the hair in the 2nd shot looks a touch harsh..oversharpened and with more specular highlights..pulls the eyes awya from teh face..it almnost looks like she has grey hair.

Glow as in an Action I have called "Glamor Glow". If I recall, I think it adds a layer of Gaussian blur and tonal adjustment.

My Smug Site
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    I do like the second one better with the contrast being a bit stronger.
    You did lose a bit of detail (color) in her eyes. You can see brown in the original whereas now they look black.
    I'm not bothered by the lack of the glamor glow effect on the second either.
    I noticed you touched up the small vein on her left breast.
    I have to go with the new rendering overall.....
    She is gorgeous!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    I actually like #1 better because of the forehead .... but like the hair better in #2. Guess I'm torn :D

And she really is beautiful iloveyou.gif