Lens Questions

98olds98olds Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited October 15, 2010 in Cameras
Hello,

I have a few sigma Lens from an old Minolta x-700. I do not even know if this is even possible but, is there any adapter or a way to use those lens' from the x-700 with my Nikon EM?
Nikon D3000
Nikkor 18-55mm Kit Lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR Lens
Nikkor 18-105mm VR Lens
Nikkor 70-300mm VR Lens

Nikon SB-600 speedlight

Nikon EM Film SLR
50mm Lens

85mm Lens

Canon Powershot SX100IS

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited October 15, 2010
    Nikon flange to focal plane distance is 46.5 mm. Minolta flange to focal plane distance is 43.5 mm. An adapter would require optics to allow infinity focus. A true macro lens might have some value with a simple adapter, since it does not require infinity focus for close focus and macro work.

Fotodiox does make an adapter with a removable 1.4x multiplier, like a teleconverter. The optics are removable for macro work. This would mostly make sense with telephoto lenses. There would be no coupling for aperture control, so you would have to manually change the aperture. I am not sure about the camera's exposure system and how it would be affected.

http://fotodiox-inc.amazonwebstore.com/Fotodiox-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Minolta-MD/M/B003EDYIM6.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

You could also use a reversing ring to mount the Minolta lenses backwards for use as a diopter lens for close focus work in conjunction with a standard Nikon lens.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums