Desktop for LR3/Photoshop/Corel PSP X3?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited October 18, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
I want to replace my old desktop PC CPU with a new Windows 7 PC CPU...keeping my fairly new Samsung B2330H monitor. Looking for any info to aid in making selection for a unit to run LR3/Photoshop/Corel PSP X3. Processor (Core i5-7xx?), HD type/speed, DDR memory, graphics card, etc. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :help
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited October 17, 2010
    I am still very happy with a PC from CyberpowerPC, purchased through Newegg. While the model that I have is no longer available, the closest new model is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229200

Looking at the parts list and adding up the components, I do not believe that I could assemble the same machine for any less.

I am running PSCS4, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 and I tested the release candidate of Lightroom 3 with no problems.

My only concern for you is that Corel software historically has been sensitive to video cards and their drivers. The video card in the current CyberpowerPC offerings is different from my model, so it would be prudent for you to research the video card that's included to see if any issues with Corel products are evident.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    A price range would help significantly with the recommendations. If money is no-object then definitely one of the new hexacore i7's with 24gb of ddr3 ram. Maybe a couple of the 500gb or 1tb SSDs....ok more realistically...
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography