Options

Another something Weird is Happening Thread...

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited October 19, 2010 in Finishing School
I was making a few different sizes of my avatar when all of a sudden
when I would "SAVE AS" with jpg as the file type and a #12 size jpg
I do not get a jpg but what looks like a page of paper with turned down
corner and the extension is not there......

When I rite clik and then clik on Props...it says file type is .....file....

Any ideas as to what is going happening ???????

Forgot to specify this is in PSCS4 - 64 and it has never happened before..........
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    The file probably got saved without the .jpg extension. Right-click on the file, select "RENAME", then at the end add a ".jpg". See if that works. If not, we'll troubleshoot some more. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2010
    CSwinton wrote: »
    The file probably got saved without the .jpg extension. Right-click on the file, select "RENAME", then at the end add a ".jpg". See if that works. If not, we'll troubleshoot some more. thumb.gif

A huge Thanks Cameron,

yes that was it.....but I can't understand why PSCS4 is doing that and it should not be happening, I might understand one out of several hundred if I was actually manually putting in the .jpg but since it is already selected by photoshop I shouldn't have to worry about it ........I played with several pix and it did it to them also.......Hmmmmm
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Has the file name multiple periods?
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2010
    ablichter wrote: »
    Has the file name multiple periods?
    do you mean like dog.pretty.face.jpg or prettydogface......jpg???

No neither...just one period.......just befpre the jpg.....
    one of the file names is....... 5x5 self portrait 4-28-2010.jpg and another one was: AS12823.jpg