Advice on shooting portrait of guitarist?

FogcityFogcity Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited October 17, 2010 in People
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum as I spend most of my time shooting sports, so I was hoping maybe I could get a few ideas/tips on a portrait shoot I'm doing in a week or so.

It will be an outdoor shoot in a green area with trees, young girl (14) and her guitar. We want to capture some pics that show her with the instrument, and perhaps some head shots to submit with her portfolio.

I'm thinking of bringing a nice chair/stool for seating in the grass, although there are benches there too.

Ideas for poses? What lens to use? Reflector/off camera flash?

I have a D300/D700 and 80-200 2.8, 50 1.8, 85 1.8 and 18-35 3.5 I was thinking of choosing from. So I can set up both bodies with a lens, but which ones?

What ss are generally best for portrait work, and aps? I know a lot of this depends on the light day, etc. (we are shooting later afternoon), and the mood we want, but thanks for any help/ideas!!

Karen

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    First] Take it all, use it all...except for the 18-35. With the primes and cam bodies that you have, that kit lens should be collecting dust...unless being substituted for WA purposes.

Next.] Google "guitar portrait images".

And Another Thing.] Have fun.

:D