Options

Impoverished Basic user can't change colours

SimonG156SimonG156 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited September 6, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a basic account and have (or had) the ability to change between BLACK and WHITE for my gallery. For the last few days I haven't been able to set it to BLACK. The drop down allows the choice and then refreshes the page back to white.

Oh and I've never managed to get different styles on different galleries. A holiday (vacation) lends itself to the journal style, whereas a series of landscapes is fine in the smugmug default style. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2005
    Try deleting your cookies. Due to the recent design changes there were apparently some changes in the cookies and therefore using the old ones resulted for me in the same problem you're currently experiencing.

Unfortunately you can't force a certain view style on a gallery with a basic account. You can only do this with a power or pro account.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2005
    Try deleting your cookies.Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    It did, cheers!

Shame about the gallery styles...
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2005
    Great to hear that it worked for you, too.
    SimonG156 wrote:
    Shame about the gallery styles...
    It's too bad that basic users can't use it, but it's no shame. Hey, there have to be some differences between these accounts - one main point is the possibility to customize your galleries. The basic account is still a great deal, but the point is that your needs rise with the time. :D
    But be careful - when you upgrade once, there's no turning back. Then you'll definately spend much of your time customizing and finetuning your site. rolleyes1.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2005
    Then you'll definately spend much of your time customizing and finetuning your site.
    Amen to that.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2005
    Great to hear that it worked for you, too.

It's too bad that basic users can't use it. Hey, there have to be some differences between these accounts Sebastian
    That I appreciate, what is slightly weird is that I CAN change the look of each gallery, it just sets them all to the same!

Ho hum - not quite a "deal breaker", and anyway being based in the UK I can't get prints which is the only real omission with what is otherwise a fantastic service.