New Props

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited October 20, 2010 in People
My daughter agreed to help me try out my new white backdrop and holiday props. Now, she wouldn't brush her hair first, but I take what I can get. The boxes can both act as stools, and the larger one will hold a baby or toddler sitting. I had my sb800 in an umbrella pointed at the background, and the sb600 in a huge umbrella with diffuser pointed at subject. She's about 6-8 feet from the background.

1. 1052144297_owwaa-L.jpg

2. 1052195372_2h6Az-L.jpg

3. 1052444297_GyEFN-L.jpg

4. 1052427869_EWDCt-L.jpg

Comments

• Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    Ooh- I really love those boxes! And your daughter is adorable (even with the unbrushed hair)!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    Both your girls are seriously awesome. thumb.gif And those hat boxes are great!!!

Photographically these are a tad dark on my screen, especially on her face which is slightly at odds with the white/HK background. Can you beef up the output on the front light?

Oh, also, I tried this trick (using an Elmer's trifold posterboard thingy from Walmart) and it works BRILLIANTLY for HK with a single speedlight. You've got some good white going on with the bg, but if you need to vary it for some reason, give this idea a try. I was impressed thumb.gif (only sample shots of me which are too icky to share - the bg looked good, but I didn't! rolleyes1.gif)
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    I like these! Very well done. Only a mom would sweat the hair.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    I could crank up the light a bit. I could also use my reflector. (I'm hoping to get one more flash for Christmas, as well.) Her skin and hair are pretty dark in real life, but I hear what you're saying about the contrast. I feel like I'm on the right track here. Thanks for the tips. Keep 'em coming!

Caroline
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Somebody went to their local Hooby Lobby, I'd know those boxes anywhere!!

Cute shots!!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Somebody went to their local Hooby Lobby, I'd know those boxes anywhere!!

Cute shots!!

Absolutely. Half off, too;)
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    Great job on these!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Your daughter is far more cooperative than mine<o:p></o:p>

I'm going back to the drawing board with my strobes :-(
    Yo soy Reynaldo