New Here!

Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited October 23, 2010 in People
Hey everyone! I'm new here. My name is Marissa Katelyn Andronicos. I am 20 years old. I recently started getting into photography. My friends Britney, 17, Ashley, 14, and I did a photoshoot yesterday in a wide open field I found at the foot of the mountains. There was a paved dirt road, lots of sunflowers, and power lines. I loved it! We had been planning this shoot for so long, but Ashley got Bell's Palsy. So, we waited until she had recovered. We called our shoot "Vintage Sunshine." I'm a beginner photographer and would love some comments and critique. I am eager to get better. I hope you enjoy these photos! Thanks for viewing!

VintageSunshine.jpg

Ash5.jpg

Ash1.jpg

Ash3.jpg

Ash2.jpg

Shoes.jpg

Ash4.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    Opinions vary, but for me intentional flare is like intentionally making a mistake - but that's just me.

Your #3, on the other hand - wow, you got some beautiful light there. I might have included a bit more of her right side in the shot - I don't like cutting off body parts and doing so would have had the additional benefit of moving her face out of the center of the shot. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE the light on this one?

The rest of the shots - well, the don't affect me one way or the other so ....
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    What others may perceive as technical flaws I see as the search, and experimentation for creative expression.

Keep going!!!

Sam
  • BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    I agree Sam! I think these are great!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    I think you have a "creative eye" that will result in some wonderful images as your technical expertise catches up to your talent. One specific criticism I'll offer is that the eyes in #3, which I think is a good image, seem dead. Pop a teenie bit of fill flash, and put some sparkle in there.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Hi Marissa,
    welcome to Dgrin!
    --
    Nikolai
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    I love the flair and artistic feel and expression in these shots!! Age 20?!!! Wow. You are going to go somewhere with your photography. That's a promise!
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    Welcome to the forum.
    I really like #3, very nice light but the image is a bit soft.
    I see you have a creative flair going as sun flares can be a cool effect.
    Keep shooting :)
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
  • Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me and for your comments and critique. I agree that the eyes could use some more sparkle; I will work on that in my next shoot.