old Pentax Program Plus

gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited October 19, 2010 in Cameras
Anyone familiar with the old Pentax Program Plus film SLR? A coworker has one that he might sell (seems to be in ok condition...lots of wear and surface corrosion on the edges...but still appears to work properly). I'm going to do the 'ol dSLR cliche and give film a shot soon and thought this might be a fun addition to my collection.

Thanks for any input!
Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.

Comments

• GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    gecko0 wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the old Pentax Program Plus film SLR?

I have a Pentax SuperProgram, which is very similar. Main difference, as noted on the exhaustive 'k-mount page', is that the Program Plus is limited to a max shutter of 1/1000, does not have Tv (shutter-priority) mode, does not utilize TTL flash, and max flash sync is 1/100.

The Program Plus will be able to use Av, M, or P (auto) modes when used with 'A' series Pentax lenses, which have an 'A' setting on the aperture ring. With older M or K series lenses you can shoot in Av or M mode by setting the aperture on the lens.

I've really enjoyed my SuperProgram. I shoot Pentax DSLRs so the lenses can swap back and forth between it and my K200D as I see fit. For subjective reviews of the available lenses, see both the above linked k-mount page and the exhaustive list at pentaxforums.com. I would exect the ProgramPlus to be paired with the A 50mm F1.7 or A 50mm F2. There are still a number of very nice k-mount lenses available used thru both pentaxforums, ebay, adorama, etc. I have A 28 2.8, M 40 2.8 pancake, A 50 1.7, and M 100 2.8 lenses for mine, and all were very reasonably priced.
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Great info...thanks for all of that! I'll check out the Pentax forums as well...much appreciated.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.