FS: Brand new 60d and 18-135 kit

ThetolleymanThetolleyman Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited October 22, 2010 in House of Canon
Brand new camera/lens kit. Everything included that originally came with it. Less that one week old. Will included 8GB SDHC class 6 card. I haven't filled out the warranty card, so it would be all in your name. I have store receipt from last week too. Dell wants 15% restocking fee plus shipping, so I thought I'd try this first, maybe pass on the savings.

Wife is just not into it. Too complex I guess. I'm happy with my 50D.

Paid $1399 plus shipping, plus SD card.

Asking $1200 net to me. All payment methods considered.

Possible trades:

Any L glass of equal value plus or minus cash
Canon 10-22 EFS
Tokina 11-16 F2.8
Sigma "Bigma"
Sigma 70-200 2.8
Canon 17-55 EFS 2.8
Open to offers.
Possibly for 7D body only.

Request pics to tolleyfamily@verizon.net, but I promise its in "new" condition.

I have some feedback here, POTN Canon forums, and lots on EBay, all under Thetolleyman.

thanks.

Comments

• HowzitHowzit Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    I picked up a new one yesterday. Yes its lighter and bit smaller in the hands. But I wouldn't say that it gives it a "cheaper" feel. I think the larger heavier body of my 50d gives the "false" impression of a better build. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer the feel of the 50D, at least so far.

The new body performed pretty well on day one. I'm not ready to rate it just yet. I'll be getting rid of one of the bodies, not sure which though. I'm hoping the 60D will impress me when I get to use it a bit more over the next couple days. If not, all those looking for a very new 60D at a discount rate, look here for me.
    I used my new 60d for the first time yesterday. I'm not convinced I like it or not. I shot a few pics and a couple videos of my daughter playing tennis on a well court after dark.

Set in auto mode most of the shots were at 6400 ISO. Reviewing them with LR, the IQ seems quite low. Noise isn't really the issues, they just don't seem sharp. The lens could be at fault, its a new 18-135 that I got with the kit. I am used to "L" glass and perhaps I was expecting more than it can give.

$1200 sounds like a great price but Dell will give you $1190 if you return it - taking the restocking fee into account. (not shipping)

Is the lens okay as I see you expressed doubt about it?
  • ThetolleymanThetolleyman Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    All of it is like new. Yes Dell will give me $1190, so I won't take less.
  • TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    You have mail!