Options

Ordering full frame prints

LascauxLascaux Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited October 21, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way for customers to specify to Bay photo that the image be printed full frame (no cropping)? Can they include a note with their order? I called Bayphoto on this and the customer service rep wasn't familiar enough with smugmug to be able to advise me. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    Hi, Example, if you order a 3:2 image in a 3:2 size, there won't be any cropping - happy to assist further if you can show me a link to the image you want to purchase, and what sort of print you want to make? Standing by.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2010
    http://djacques.smugmug.com/Weddings/Dave-and-Tiffany-Taylor/14065542_dchA6#1035960714_wKdTt

Andy, I was guest at a wedding and just took some photos that I've posted in a smugmug gallery. The link above is one of the photos that I've already cropped in a non-standard format. A customer service rep at Bay Photo told me that if they receive instruction to print the image "full frame" then they won't crop off parts of the image to produce an 8x10 (for example), instead they'll print the image as large as they can on an 8x10 without cropping. So there'll be blank areas on the paper. I hope I'm being clear. Since I crop a lot of photos to non-standard sizes in post-processing it would really help if anyone ordering prints could specify to print "full frame."

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2010
    Ok, sorry for this whole thread. When i went to "BUY" and saw only the standard size prints, I never proceeded to "CHECKOUT" which is where the image can be cropped, adjusted, or chosen to be "None" (which allows the image to be printed full frame). So the feature is all there but since I never went to "checkout" I hadn't seen it. Question answered.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    thumb.gif no worries!