" Rust Junkie " Revival

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited October 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
There hasn't been much activity among the " Rust Junkies " lately. I decided to pay an old friend a visit and get a fix for myself. There's probably enough here for you to get a dose as well.

Tom

1056406886_ZBpyF-XL.jpg

1056392587_89QP9-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    WOW Tom, you hit the mother load with that tractor.... Great find and capture......clap.gif :Dgary
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2010
    Love those shots, Tom! Great subject, and terrific processining as well.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    Yo Gary,

Every Fall, when I'm up in the mountains, I go by and shoot this tractor. If I live long enough, I'm sure I'll find it one day all collapsed into one big heap of rust.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 21, 2010
    Hi John,

Thanks for looking in. I appreciate the kind remarks.

Tom
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    Tom, I'm having withdrawal fits. This will help some but I have to take my camera now and get a self administered fix! thumb.gif

Truly an excellent find well shot thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited October 21, 2010
    Hi Don,

I figured this shot might stir your soul. Get on out there and get your self-administered fix....it's good for what ails you.

You might want to edit your last statement on the reply post.rolleyes1.gifrofl

But then again.....maybe not.:D

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    edited October 21, 2010
    Hi Don,

I figured this shot might stir your soul. Get on out there and get your self-administered fix....it's good for what ails you.

You might want to edit your last statement on the reply post.rolleyes1.gifrofl

But then again.....maybe not.:D

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    Duelly [sic] noted and edited! :Dthumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

I see you're back to your Roots now

It's a shame Ol' Jack isn't around to chime in as well.

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 21, 2010
    Black Mamba, my Rust Gallery at SmugMug is under Still Life (nontraditional meaning). The other main gallery under that heading is 'Not Rust'.... rolleyes1.gif

:D

Don
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    Your right. Not much rust lately. Goes to show how long a good fix will hold ya.
    Love the lush green where this fine ride now reside at. Nice pic of the ol girl thumb.gif
    With this fix I may not need to roll out any rusty things.
    Michael
    edited October 22, 2010
    Come on now, Michael. We'll take no excuses. Take some of that good stuff you've been holding back and throw it our way. As you know, we Junkies can't get too much of a good thing.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    I was wondering where all the "rust" had gone. Nice to see this one -- certainly has a whole lot of rust :D
    edited October 22, 2010
    Well, you know, Mary, if you're going to treat a serious ailment, you had better bring a lot of medicine to the table.:D

Take care,

Tom
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    I always love the texture rust provides (well only in my pictures and not on my vehicles, lol). :) Nice job!
    edited October 22, 2010
    Yo Craig,

You got me there. Of all the folks, it's you that know I won't stray too far from, as you say, my roots.

I hope Jack is doing well. I haven't heard a peep out of him in a long time.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    edited October 22, 2010
    Hi Kelly,

Thanks for looking in and for the kind words. We have room for more members in the " Rust Junkies ". Just fire a shot of rust in our direction and you're in.

Good luck,

Tom
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    Colourful! Love the plastic bottle, too.rolleyes1.gif

But what I miss is the mechemo stats, and the background story about the eccentric owner.mwink.gifrolleyes

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited October 23, 2010
    Hey Neil,

It's good to hear from you.

When I said I was going to visit an old friend to get this shot, I was referring to the tractor. It sits beside a road I travel often when I'm in the mountains. I have done business with the owner on occasion ( buying fire wood ) but I don't have enough space nor do I know enough words to adequately describe this man and his property.

Tractors are not my forte so I can't help with any stats about its mechanics. But if you want to know something about the eccentricity of the old man, I submit as evidence the sign on one of his old barns. Incidentally, when taking this shot, the camera was absolutely level.

1059822757_petce-XL.jpg
    edited October 23, 2010
    Tom, that is quite the sign in the door window! Never tasted possum, myself! :D But then I'm a thorough Yank!

I love shooting buildings as crooked as this one, too. Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

Don
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    Offer as evidence mwink.gif Speaks volumes in a single shot.
    Michael
    edited October 23, 2010
    Yep, you didn't disappoint, Tom. You came through!:Dclap.gif

I've never eaten possum either, and there's a bigun makes quite a commotion rockin & rollin on the roof at nights, especially when the moon's shinin. I guess a pot would slow it down some. I'd sure go that far when I'm trying to get to sleep, but not as far as putting it on my plate! A possum rug is a great comfort in the snowy weather. Should invite the guy on the roof down, and tell him to bring his mates.naughty.gif

Neil

edited October 23, 2010
    Hey Don,

When I'm deep back into the Appalachian mountains and I see an old building that's all squared up, I almost want to jump out and take a shot of it because of its oddity. You'd be in hog heaven up there.

Every time I go by this old barn, I honestly expect to see it completely caved in on itself. The old man has a series of poles along the left side that stretch from the roof to the ground.....at about a 45 degree angle. He still goes in and out of that thing on a daily basis. I hope it doesn't kill him one day.

Tom
    edited October 23, 2010
    Isn't it the truth, Michael. That sign tells the whole story.

Tom
    edited October 23, 2010
    I guess, Neil, that I could get hungry enough to tackle just about anything but a damn possum would be about my last choice. I don't know why the old man touts them as he does....he hasn't got a tooth left that's big enough to put a dent in anything.

Tom
    edited October 23, 2010
    I guess, Neil, that I could get hungry enough to tackle just about anything but a damn possum would be about my last choice. I don't know why the old man touts them as he does....he hasn't got a tooth left that's big enough to put a dent in anything.

Tom

rolleyes1.gif

Neil