Statue IR

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited October 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here is a recent shot I've taken with my D70IR. I haven't really shot a lot with it, so I don't have great shots with it, but this is one I liked a bit more than the others. CC appreciated though.

DSC_3071-Edit-800x532.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    Howdy,

Looks like a really neat location, would love to see the image a little

larger, kind of hard to make out the details of the Statue, but looks

like the IR rendered it a very surreal scene, which I really like.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    I 2 would like to see bigger but this will work:)Its very pretty I love this how do you get this affect?
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2010
    Ask and ye shall receive. Thank you for your comments.

I took my fairly old D70, and a filter from Lifepixel.com, a site that sells various bypass filters. I have the "standard" filter. Normally the image comes through very redish. So in photoshop I swap the red and blue channels to get the above look. You can also just convert them to black and white if you desire. I think Panther on this site posts a lot of IR stuff too. Good stuff if you are interested.

Thank you for looking.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    Neat statue and surrounding area. :D I suspect you'll be going back for
    way more.
    Michael
    edited October 22, 2010
    I went net surfing early this morning:) and I still have a lot of looking to do I bookmarked some pages and info went to lifepixel.com Found some filters the standards you were talking about and the B&W filter you spoke of .Most of the filters Ive come across wont fit my cam body(Olympus e-450)Ill have to read and look more into it thanks for the info.Ill also go bug Panther you might wanna warn him lol:)
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    Good luck finding a filter mr Jay. You might contact Lifepixel directly and ask them if they can make one for you. I have no idea but maybe they are like katzeyes or something and make their filters in fairly small batches. You might find it a real challenge to swap the filters, I'm not sure. I suggest that once you convert your camera to IR, you leave it converted for all time.

The D70 is a very easy camera to convert, and I think this is a popular camera as a result of this. Plus it is old cheap now. Of course, you probably won't have any lenses that fit it. :(
    edited October 24, 2010
    no no lenses to fit a D70:(Ill keep looking and reading up on it I found this site Buy Infra-Red Filters | Adorama, the Photography People and a few other places Ive bookmarked then before I knew I was looking at other filters and then lenses Im making the better half REALLY REALLY nervous lol