edited October 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
<center>
1032700746_jwQio-L-2.jpg

1032704166_ZX3p4-L-2.jpg
</center>
part of the "Ravages of Time" series
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    But it lacks the oomph of color images of Rust. Nice subject and shots but they don't do much for the Rust Junky in me! :cry

ne_nau.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    Don is right. A photo meant to highlight rust just about has to be in color. You've got an interesting subject with some obvious character.....but without a lot of saturated color it tends to fall flat and loses the impact that rust brings to the image.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2010
    Thank you both for your replies. I'm not much of a fan of overly saturated or HDR photos, it's the texture more than the color of rust that catches my eye.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking