POWER!!! Need a bit of help to select...

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited October 31, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This Thursday night sees the handing in of Round 2 at the camera club competition.

The set theme for Round 2 is "Power", so I set about trying to think of something that will have impact cos that is what makes judges score you highly.

I figure someone else at the club may well use similar props, so I hope my take on these will create enough of an impression to out-do anything similar. I also suppose we will see the photos of wind turbines and power stations etc.

Anyway, I did 4 versions, hence I posted this in Photo Sharing, but I would appreciate which of the the image reaches the maximum impact point.

They move down and as it gets to number 4, the most processing is done (although the nearer to the last sees small extra additions which you'll have to look for to pick out the changes) from number one the least. But is number 4 the one, or does 3, 2, or 1 do it for you.

Do any do it for you? smile.gif

Anyway, let me know if you will.

1) - just the one battery connected

80001power02edit1onebolt.jpg

2) - one plug & 2 batteries not connected

80002power02edit1threebolt.jpg

3) - only the frontmost 2 not connected

80003power02edit1manyboltmore.jpg

4)
- All connected

80005power02edit1manyboltmorelast.jpg

Thanks.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 24, 2010
    Cool effect. I say go whole hog and connect them all. I'm not too wild about the reflections, though. Shadows might work better. ne_nau.gif
  • Flyjets1Flyjets1 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    very cool.. but I think a darker, "stormier" background would do it justice. That pure white background makes one have to concentrate on the "lightning" to find all of the connecting points...
    well done tho'
  • reese.leblancreese.leblanc Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    I like the final one.

Your circuit is wrong though... You have + hooked to +. Laughing.gif. Only kidding.

Reese
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    The negative reaction (doh!) about the plugs made me have one more attempt... so...

I went for one more bash at my idea and changed the plugs for more batteries and then went with the one lightning bolt from the front battery to the bulb. I then selected the lightning and in a new layer inverted it to try and create a reflection, and then boosted the bolt in the original layer a touch, hoping this makes it look more natural (and I know it's all fake, yeah yeah... lol).

As a final bit I burned in the numbers on the neck of the bulb to give that part a bit more interest.

this is what I am gong to enter, for better or for worse.

800powerentryfinalstroke.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk