MME2010 (Moderator Meetup Europe 2010)

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited November 7, 2010 in People
Well, I can give it a fancy name, but really is just some friends getting together and the photos are snaps at best :lol3 As a result I have not edited the shots, except for white-balance, sorry.

Schmoo & myself try to meet up once a year, which is not made easier by the approximately 6000 miles that are normally between us. Last year we did a Netherlands-Belgium-France trip, before that we did a roadtrip through California, a bit of Nevada and Utah before we ended up at Dgrin Shootout.

This year plans got messed up a bit unfortunately, so I couldn't meet up with her and Zweiblumen like originally planned, but good friend as she is she planned a few days in the Netherlands in her trip to visit me :clap

I just about live in the Hague which we visited. We walked around, took some photos and of course had some food.

As per tradition food will get photographed; even the soup couldn't hide:

1061301738_cbtmZ-L.jpg

Bicycles couldn't hide either:

1061302116_e5Ho9-L.jpg

We had a drink at 'de Boterwaag' in the Hague:

1061303410_Jcj6s-L.jpg

During the great lens-swap fest of 2010 (tm) Schmoo discoved that the 82mm lenscap (from the 16-35mkII) fits great on the 50 f/1.4's lenshood:

1061302957_2Caes-L.jpg

And of course everyone had to be photographed :lol3

1061302579_n8p37-L.jpg

(Anyone else interested in a meetup in the Netherlands/Europe? :D )

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    Count me in, in about 4-5 years wings.gif (Can't wait :D)

Looks like you guys had a blast, and boy, what a beauuutiful restaurant! And when do we see some pics of YOU?? :D
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2010
    Very cool; looks like you all had a great time!
    Kristen
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Kool, man, looks like you guys had a blast! clap.gif
    Did you get to shoot at Sheveninghen (or whatever the utterly unpronounceable name it is of the city beach;-)?
    I'm missing Holland ;-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »

Looks like you guys had a blast, and boy, what a beauuutiful restaurant! And when do we see some pics of YOU?? :D
    It's official, you can't chicken out now lol3.gif

And I think you have to wait for Schmoo to get back, I'm sure she has a photo or two from me :D
    edited October 29, 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Kool, man, looks like you guys had a blast! clap.gif
    Did you get to shoot at Sheveninghen (or whatever the utterly unpronounceable name it is of the city beach;-)?
    I'm missing Holland ;-)
    "Scheveningen" :D No, we didn't go there. I actually hardly go there. It's on the other side of the Hague for me, and it is a bit too massive and busy for me. There are other beaches that I frequent :D
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    (Anyone else interested in a meetup in the Netherlands/Europe? :D )

Heck yeah! I've been waiting for my invitation for years now. :D
    edited November 3, 2010
    Llywellyn wrote: »
    Heck yeah! I've been waiting for my invitation for years now. :D
    It's in the mail deal.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    Bravo! Those came out really well and man, it really is all about the food. :D

I totally forgot about the cap for the hood! That is too funny. I cannot, however, forget the strange old woman in the bathroom. Or all the sexy bikes.

Thanks to you and S for being great hosts. The NL is always the highlight of my year. I wish we had more time (and that you'd been able to come to Ukraine with us), but we'll take a rain check for 2011, ja?
    edited November 3, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    bravo! Those came out really well and man, it really is all about the food. :d

i totally forgot about the cap for the hood! That is too funny. I cannot, however, forget the strange old woman in the bathroom. Or all the sexy bikes.

Thanks to you and s for being great hosts. The nl is always the highlight of my year. I wish we had more time (and that you'd been able to come to ukraine with us), but we'll take a rain check for 2011, ja?
    Ja!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »

Curiously, I didn't shoot that much while there. headscratch.gif Probably too busy talking! (This second one's a little weird, but gotta love wide-angle lenses)

1081499530_xJ47g-L-1.jpg1081523021_drjjV-L-1.jpg

Ivar's newest roomie. lol3.gif

1081529323_xCTxR-L.jpg