New Senior shoot

jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited October 26, 2010 in People
Shot this two weekends ago, just getting around to posting it. It's only my second senior shoot. I like how everything turned out, although it should be noted, I did tell her not to wear busy patterns for the shoot and she showed up with this shirt on. :scratch

#1.
1056947114_KMbhj-L.jpg

#2.
1056957487_sw6f4-L.jpg

#3.
1056966196_AmHGz-L.jpg

1056950200_FNPRU-L.jpg

I'm not afraid of C&C, it's how I get better :)
J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    I like #3 & 4. The first does nothing for me (or her IMO.) The second would have been nice if she'd been engaging the camera. To me it looks like she's looking "away" from the camera, not looking "at" someone else. You're fortunate that blouse didn't fry the coating off your lens.

Nice skin tones too.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    I like #3 & 4. The first does nothing for me (or her IMO.) The second would have been nice if she'd been engaging the camera. To me it looks like she's looking "away" from the camera, not looking "at" someone else. You're fortunate that blouse didn't fry the coating off your lens.

Nice skin tones too.

like this one? I did multiples of her in that location.

1056958358_YPQ7F-L.jpg
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Yup.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    4 is my favorite of the bunch, and the lighting looks great. the high angle on #1 isn't working for me, either. did you try any shots from a lower angle?
    Kristen
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    in #1 I really like the way her eyes look, but I don't like the way the rest of her looks. Maybe a slightly different pose, not so extreme, where it is cropped off at shoulders, and you are shooting from above , but not that high. And no arms up in the air. Yup, crazy shirt there!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    #4 is terrific as is the one that you re-posted with her looking at the camera. Lighting is terrific in #4!
    Nice shots.
    Chris Sowers
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    #3 is just not working for me. The pose is completley unflattering...it makes her look even larger.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com