Options

This a coop project with pathfinder

mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited September 8, 2005 in Holy Macro
Path mentioned this picture in a previous post and asked me to post it for comments. Its a pic of a bronze statue at the Culver Academies in Northern Indiana. And they're teams are the Culver Eagles. I took many shots of this statue form diff. angles at diff times of the year and liked this graphic effect taken in early spring at 22mm with fill flash. Wanted Path to print it and we collaberated to produce the 2nd pic in a B&W conversion. We present them here for your enjoyment and comments.

23682051-L.jpg

and the redo with Path

34920537-L.jpg

and another version

34921463-L.jpg

Your comments and critiques are welcome--Comments to me and critiques to Pathicon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif Thanks for your attention
Mereimage

Comments

• Options
    RazRaz Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    They are nice but:

On #1 I was having problems finding the head.
    On #2 I was having problems finding the tail.

I guess the background is too busy for me headscratch.gif .

Raz
    "Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an
    approximation to the complete truth..."

-- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

My Galleries
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2005
    Raz wrote:
    They are nice but:

On #1 I was having problems finding the head.
    On #2 I was having problems finding the tail.

I guess the background is too busy for me headscratch.gif .

Raz

We noticed the issue with the tail in #2 but luckily it works better in print and the graphic nature works better also. Yes the background is busy as its surrounded by trees. Path wants to try it in IR which would really lighten up the trees/leaves. Appreciate your viewing
    Mereimage
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    I think the bird stands out better on the b&w, but I wish a larger aperture was used to limit the field of view and simplify that busy background. Perhaps a little gaussian blur to the background.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2005
    TML -Ya I agree- even tried it but the wingspan on this puppy is like 8 feet. I tried wide apeture and I couldn't keep both wings sharp. This was my favorite of many attempts even with its obvious deficiencies. I will probably try again this fall-I really like the bronze but haven't captured it to my satisfation. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT ...Mereimage