Options

senior yearbook ads

nicnellynicnelly Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited October 26, 2010 in Finishing School
Does anyone have any experience creating ads for the yearbook? I did a session w a senior who would like me to create one for her and I'm pretty sure I could figure it out quickly but I would love some direction as to the best program to use and also pricing. It will be more or less a collage with some text written over the pictures.

Comments

• Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    The biggest thing is to get the exact dimensions from the yearbook advisor (or the student) and then what their specs are. I use InDesign for all of my printed materials, but it's too expensive if that's all you need it for. You could use Photoshop if you are proficient enough with it. They will likely need it in JPG format, but more tech saavy advisors will accept just about anything. In terms of pricing, it depends on how much work you have to put in to it. It's a cake walk for me, so I'd likely do it as part of my service in the first place and not charge for it. But that's just me.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User