Frames in Photoshop

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited September 7, 2005 in Finishing School
I am wondering what the easiest way to create a frame for a picture in photoshop (or Illustrator, or Indesign, etc...) Example:

35094797-M.jpg

In Photoshop I manually created the lines to create the frame for this picture. What I am wondering is, how could I tell the program to always keep these lines a certain distance from the four sides, regardless of the dimensions of the canvas. I did this picture in dimensions to print wallet sized pictures (2.5x3.5) but I want to be able to change it print an 8x10 as well. THey way I did this currently is created new guides on the 4 sides that were a certain distance away from the top and left side, since this is how photoshop measures. i want to be able to tell it to create two of the guides with the top and left as reference, and the other two with the right and bottomas reference.

Ok, I'll shutup and let someone else talk now. I'm just rambling and probably becoming more confusing by the second!

Thanks!

Comments

• micklemickle Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    Although it doesn't do the type of frame you used (yet :):), my framing script does do a lot of others.

Check here
    Mike

Framing Script HERE
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    Well worth the few $$ it is!!!
    mickle wrote:
    Although it doesn't do the type of frame you used (yet :):), my framing script does do a lot of others.

Check here
    I use Mike's Framer script all the time. A good investment!! thumb.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    I'll check out your framing script, but for right now the types of frames I primarily like to use are varying thiknesses of lines and shapes at the clear edges or near edges of the picture.