Finally got my hands on a newborn!

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited October 28, 2010 in People
So I had a chance to shoot my first newborn, although by time I got him, he was already 3 weeks old.

Here are two images from the session, I really like this first one, even though I totally missed the focus and it's on the scarf, and not his face:

1. 5121213316_080951dfb0_z.jpg

2. This second one, his arms were a totally different color than his face, and blotchy, I think i fixed the arms to match his face, but I've been staring at it so long I can't tell anymore, does it look okay? .

5120628185_c0d2b236fa_z.jpg

Thanks in advanced for any comments, advice, etc..

Gina
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Great shots! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif your concern can be addressed with some pp in photoshop. You can use a mask to blur the scarf a little bit and keep the focus on the face.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • awooawoo Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    So sweet! I love to photograph babies!! His arm & face color seem to match fine to me! Good job.
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Thank You!!!

@jiro I did the masking thing, I sharpened it, then just painted back in the eyes and nose and mouth, to be a little sharper, I am always afraid of going overboard :)

@awoo Thank you!! I tried to match it as best as I could, just after staring at it, it all looks the same, lol.

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Love!!! You did an absolutely amazing job on the first one!
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Love!!! You did an absolutely amazing job on the first one!

Thank you :)