On a Lily Pad

tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited June 29, 2004 in Wildlife
A brand new Gambusia, or Mollie, they look the same when small. The Lily Pad is new as well, later in the day it completely reached the surface, and the little pool was gone.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    tsiya wrote:
    A brand new Gambusia, or Mollie, they look the same when small. The Lily Pad is new as well, later in the day it completely reached the surface, and the little pool was gone.

Cool. Love that about photography--that moment's gone, but you caught it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    People still ask You
    "Why do You want to take pictures of THAT stuff"?
    Like there is anything better, or something! Thanks for the kind words! Got to catch up here, My best Friend had a stroke a couple of weeks back, still don't know the final outcome, but I have missed looking at the forum. I have learned a lot here, considering the thickness of My skull!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    tsiya, that's a truly beautiful image. Congratulations.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    lovely picture
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    Gorgeous shot, Congratulations!!
  • DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    I hate to hand myself the credit, but I was shooting around the other day, and I though of something... Ive been to Italy, Ive seen that one art gallery in Florence (the Ufici [I wasnt gonna try and spell it, ok? Sheesh]), and my mother is a painter... So I thought Id try and define how a photograph and a painting are different as best I could... The first was the one that stuck: a painting is a timeless moment; a photograph is a moment in time. Just thought Id share, since I was suddenly reminded of that... Sorry.

Tsyia, do you keep a freshwater aquarium of any kind? I know that for freshies, mollies are quite popular... I keep a reef tank, so I dont know much about the freshwater stuff...
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    No aquarium at the moment, just the little pond in the yard. I guess it shows that I spend a lot of My time next to it. Years ago, My Daughter and I had a collection of native Florida fresh water fish, there are some pretty specimens in the creeks, but it is too much work for an old man.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/