Options

My first time.

CrystalBelleCrystalBelle Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited November 5, 2010 in Weddings
I am a newbie as well. I started taking pictures in April, got hooked. I'm used to taking family photos, child, newborn, maternity.
So a really cool couple asked me to shoot their wedding, otherwise they would not even have a photographer. I agreed.
I'd love some cc on these. I hope you can see them clearly, as I've put them together on a storyboard for my own album.

71646_124480970942967_100001431947276_155695_5444597_n.jpg

73020_124509850940079_100001431947276_155806_6625825_n.jpg

73738_125082130882851_100001431947276_157889_4308881_n.jpg

68719_124781014246296_100001431947276_156855_6683885_n.jpg

72707_125179447539786_100001431947276_158170_1542268_n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    krauzianimagekrauzianimage Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    I think that these look really good. Was this your first wedding? wow. All of #4 look amazing. I do think that the B&Ws have a little too much contrast for my taste. Also - photographing plastic forks makes me think that you were trying to hard to be artistic. http://krauzianimage.com
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2010
    I think that these look really good. Was this your first wedding? wow. All of #4 look amazing. I do think that the B&Ws have a little too much contrast for my taste. Also - photographing plastic forks makes me think that you were trying to hard to be artistic. http://krauzianimage.com

Laughing.gif
    Not if you knew the couple.
    She wanted Pink Plastic Forks, it was important to her and then Breast Cancer Awareness month happens to be in October so she was really happy! that she was able to get them cheaply.....

So, it was important to her.

I'm honestly not very artsy. haha
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Really like # 2 and what a great idea of capturing the forks! :D
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Nice photos! And where are the photos of the couple (WITH the groom)?? :D
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2010
    68735_126388684085529_100001431947276_163531_1785269_n.jpg

72433_126398730751191_100001431947276_163565_1778245_n.jpg
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    Your photos are beautiful, and their wedding was beautiful, so I hate to totally change the subject and ponder how much you got paid to shoot this event. Maybe they (and you) just did a really good job of making a zero-budget wedding LOOK expensive, but when a couple like that throws around the phrase "it's either you or no photographer at all" ...I must say, I see a vision depicting the future of professional photography. Another consumer now believes that great photography can be had (almost) for free. That's fine with me, as long as the photos turn out stunning, and the photographer doesn't burn out. I've said this many times before- yes, poor people get married too, that's not the problem. The problem is that middle class consumers are really starting to de-value photography too.

Again, sorry for changing the subject away from your job well done. I simply wanted to point out the fact that the couple is claiming they've got "no money for photos" ...while they sure look to be doing okay.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2010
    it was a very LOW budget wedding. very. probably about 30 people total.
    I did get paid, but this was my very FIRST wedding, I was not about to charge 2 grand.
    Put people in a tux and you usually up their class status a few points? no?
    They are a very young couple, just starting out, he is a single dad (was) with custody of his 9 YO daughter. He is 25, so do the math.
    They both work, however, entry level city jobs. So while they are probably doing just fine, they are not rich.

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure how you'd make a wedding look cheap? lol What gives the appearance here of wealth?
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    I did get paid, but this was my very FIRST wedding, I was not about to charge 2 grand.

I don't want to steer your post in a weird direction because I think your photography is very good and please remember that I do think that. I must say: $2000.00 is cheap. Low budget wedding or not. The amount of people attending doesn't change the cost either. OK - enough said - great job for your first wedding thumb.gif
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2010
    Their entire budget was probably under 2K.
    Food, dress, flowers, all.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    Put people in a tux and you usually up their class status a few points? no?
    They are a very young couple, just starting out, he is a single dad (was) with custody of his 9 YO daughter. He is 25, so do the math.
    They both work, however, entry level city jobs. So while they are probably doing just fine, they are not rich.

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure how you'd make a wedding look cheap? lol What gives the appearance here of wealth?
    Well, many poor people just don't have style and their weddings DEFINITELY can look cheap. Throw in poor photography, and it all goes down the tubes.

But clearly, your couple at least has style and good taste, plus they hired you so their pictures depicted their wedding beautifully.

Like I said, poor people get married all the time, and they deserve good photos! Considering that photography usually costs 1/3 of the total wedding budget, a $2K wedding would have been "over-spending" even at $700 for photography...

Just watch out for the bride who TELLS you she has no budget for photography, but then you show up to shoot the job and realize her total budget was $5-10K, and there's a limo, an expensive cake / dress / shoes, etc... That's when you realize- you've been lied to, and photography has been completely de-valued in the eyes of the consumer. :-(

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Well, many poor people just don't have style and their weddings DEFINITELY can look cheap. Throw in poor photography, and it all goes down the tubes.

But clearly, your couple at least has style and good taste, plus they hired you so their pictures depicted their wedding beautifully.

Like I said, poor people get married all the time, and they deserve good photos! Considering that photography usually costs 1/3 of the total wedding budget, a $2K wedding would have been "over-spending" even at $700 for photography...

Just watch out for the bride who TELLS you she has no budget for photography, but then you show up to shoot the job and realize her total budget was $5-10K, and there's a limo, an expensive cake / dress / shoes, etc... That's when you realize- you've been lied to, and photography has been completely de-valued in the eyes of the consumer. :-(

=Matt=

:)
    they had cupcakes as the cake.... mom made.
    They drove off in their Toyota Pirus, used. haha

They are good people! I def. would have been a bit peeved if I showed up to a 20K wedding! lol