First snow, and my first try at a triptych

senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
edited October 29, 2010 in Landscapes
With a whole lot of artistic license for good measure.

1067912175_98UUp-L-1.jpg
Jay

Comments

• senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    I'm going to have to do some work on this, not sure what all is going on here yet. Looking at this image on my laptop, which isn't the machine that i created it on, everything is soooo washed out and the colors are jacked up past 11. I can't make out much detail at all, and that's not what I intended. It's obviously to do with monitor calibration as well as the fact that they are totally different in terms of finish and resolution, but I don't have any time right now to delve into it. I guess that's also why some folks tell me that my processing is over the top. Darn.
    Jay
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Well, I did some quick editing and amended the image. I don't like this one near as much as the original but it's much better than the one i first posted. If you didn't see it you didn't miss anything at all. This will have to do until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. We'll just call this one more art and less photo.
    Jay
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    This works for me. I'd have sworn it was a painting.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Hi, this needs to be printed BIG, and hanging on a wall. I really like the composition, processing, and lay-out.

Cheers, Richard.
  • lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    It looks very nice on my monitor (calibrated).

I would have been proud to have created this myself.

Nice work.
  • IvanqIvanq Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 29, 2010
    Beautiful
    This is a stunning composition. I admire your imagination to create such a remarkable study. I agree with the above statement - make a large print and hang it on the wall.
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    The coloring is great. Well done.
  • bhundtbhundt Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    I feel your pain, I have also had some of the same issues when I have posted in the past. Although I must say that I really like your shots!
  • jeeprjeepr Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Awesome. I need to figure out how to do this triptych. I agree...frame it BIG...
    Please don't edit my images or use them without my permisson.
    Amanda's | Photocreations
    http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi, this needs to be printed BIG, and hanging on a wall. I really like the composition, processing, and lay-out.

Cheers, Richard.

15524779-Ti.gif
    the composition is excellent, the subject lends itself perfectly to this kind of presentation. it really does look like a painting, and would be right at home in a hotel lobby or the wall of a lodge... VERY impressive!

BTW, laptops - and, for that matter, most of the modern LCD monitors - almost never reproduce colors accurately... that's why i do all my processing on a 15-year old flatscreen calibrated CRT.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com